Welcome to our monthly newsletter for May 2019!
Our goal for the newsletter is to connect our members to relevant safety resources, all linked together in one convenient location every month. We hope you find this resource useful and valuable!
Please share with your colleagues!
- Confined Space Rescue Plan. Is 911 your only confined space rescue plan? If so, this episode is a must for you! Pat McCon joins Nic to talk about the importance of having a confined spaces rescue plan! Pat advises companies not to assume your local fire dept can help in the case of a confined space emergency. For more insight, listen today! (9:11)
- Drugs in the Workplace. Dr. Amanda Burke, Prevention Specialist at Townhall II, stayed over with us after her presentation to chat about drugs in the workplace! (15:27)
- Interview with Dr. Don Maple. We caught up with Dr. Don Maple of Corporate Health Testing at the Portage County Workplace Health & Safety Expo to chat about safety issues he commonly sees at facilities across the state! (4:38)
- May’s Safety Update from the Ohio BWC Library. Each edition provides up-to-date news & safety information.
- How Drone Safety Technology Can Improve Safety. Article provided by Ving!
- Health Talk: The Power of Mindful Eating. In this month’s Health Talk, Mindy Gusz, Community Outreach Coordinator at University Hospitals Portage Medical Center, shares about the power of mindful eating! (3:35)
- PCSC Podcasts: Our podcasts are now available on iTunes, Spotify, Google Play, Podbean, & Stitcher! Access local & relevant workplace safety information right through your phone! Subscribe today!
- NEXT MEETING: Thursday, June 13, 2019, 11:30am-1:00pm. The topic will be Drones-Commercial uses, Regulations and Best Practices, presented by Josh Grappy, UAS Program Coordinator, Ohio BWC. . RSVP deadline is 12pm on Monday, June 10th.
- The PCSC won Honorable Mention – 2018 Safety Council of the Year! Out of 82 Ohio Safety Councils, the PCSC was ranked 7th!
- FY19 Ends on June 30, 2019! All membership dues and prepaid lunch options should be renewed prior to July’s luncheon.
- External Training Credit Deadline is Monday, June 24, 2019! Anyone seeking to use an external training credit to meet the 10 minimum attendance credits must submit the certificate of completion no late than 6/24/19 in order to qualify for credit.
- FY20 starts July 1, 2019! Members enrolling for the first time must submit Enrollment Form by July 31, 2019, in order to qualify for FY20 rebate program.
- BWC Updates: These are the power points presented by BWC Representative Nic Coia at our monthly meetings.
- Monthly Meeting Power Points. We post them on our website after the presenters send them to us and give us permission to publish. If the speaker provides additional info, we’ll post it there as well.
- External Training Credit Opportunities: We post them on our blog as outside organizations send them to us. A maximum of 2 external training credits are allowed per program year to help members earn the 10 minimum attendance credits required by the rebate. Please Note: ETC certificates of completion must be submitted by June 30 every year in order to qualify. Click here for ETC guidelines.
- Rebate Participation Spreadsheet. Rebate eligible members can review how close they are to fulfilling the minimum rebate eligibility requirements by reviewing the Participation Spreadsheet which is typically updated on a monthly basis. Please Note: new monthly updates for FY19 are currently available!