Starting July 14, 2022, the Portage County Safety Council will meet in-person every second Thursday (unless otherwise noted), 11:30am-1:00pm, at The Ravenna Elks, located at 776 N. Freedom St in Ravenna, OH.*
Lunch is $20 for members, $25 for non-members & walk-ins.
Upcoming FY23 In-Person Luncheons:
- October 13, 2022 – Common Fire Code Violations, presented by Lt. Vince Yost of the Kent Fire Dept. Sponsored by SERVPRO of Portage County.
- November 10, 2022 – Safety Leadership, presented by Kevin Mowers, Owner, Extended Management, Inc, a franchise of Crestom International. Sponsored by US Safety Gear.
- December 8, 2022 – Stay Safe with Robotics & Automation.** Sponsored by Minute Men OhioComp.
- January 12, 2023 – OSHA Recordkeeping: Are you ready to post and submit your logs online? Presented by Cari Gray, Industrial Safety Consultant, Ohio BWC. Click here for the handout.
- February 9, 2023 – Lockout Tagout.** Sponsored by Industrial Tube & Steel Corp.
- March 2, 2023 – The Building Blocks of Workers’ Compensation: How to Build a Successful Program, presented by Debbie O’Connell, Regional Manager, Minute Men OhioComp.**
- April 13, 2023 – Safety Culture & Effective Communication Strategies.**
- May 11, 2023 – OSHA Updates.** Sponsored by Minute Men OhioComp.
- June 8, 2023 – Generational Gaps in the Workforce, presented by Professor Michael Kachilla, Director of the Entrepreneurial Studies Program & Leadership Studies Program at the University of Mount Union.
*Unless otherwise noted.
**All topics, dates, and speakers are subject to change.
ATTN: SPEAKERS! Click here for speaker instructions.