NOTICE: The FY21 rebate program (July 1, 2020-June 30, 2021) has been officially cancelled by the Ohio BWC due to COVID-19 with an expected return for FY22 (July 1, 2021-June 30, 2022).
Earn a Premium Rebate through Safety Education!
Only $85 a year to join!
Thousands of Ohio employers find value and workers’ compensation premium savings by actively participating in their local safety councils. And you can join them.*
To earn a safety council rebate, employers must meet rebate eligibility requirements in one of 82 BWC-sponsored safety councils.
Click here for the FY20 Rebate Fact Sheet from the Ohio BWC.
The following is a breakdown of potential rebates when an employer is an active member of a safety council.
- Employers meeting all safety council rebate eligibility requirements that are not enrolled in a group-rating program will earn a 2-percent participation rebate on their premium and the potential of an additional 2-percent performance bonus.
- Employers meeting all safety council rebate eligibility requirements that are also enrolled in a group-experience-rating program have the potential to earn a 2-percent performance bonus.
- Employers meeting all safety council rebate eligibility requirements that are also enrolled in a group-retrospective-rating program will earn a 2-percent participation rebate.
To earn a performance bonus, employers must reduce either the severity or frequency of injuries in their workplace by 10 percent or remain at zero.
BWC Safety Councils can help you:
- Learn techniques for increasing safety in your workplace;
- Learn how to better manage your workers’ compensation program;
- Network with other employers in your community;
- Access useful, money-saving workers’ comp and risk management information.
For more information, please call Mike at 330-474-3161 or email email@example.com.
* The rebate offer excludes self-insuring employers and state agencies. Limitations apply to a professional employer organization and its clients. BWC encourages all employers to become active safety council members.
** At least eight through the local safety council. You can get credit for up to two meetings through