The Portage County Safety Council
A Forum for Workplace Safety
The Portage County Safety Council is 1 of 84 local Ohio safety councils funded by the Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation Division of Safety and Hygiene to promote workplace safety.
We host monthly workplace safety training luncheons on the 2nd Thursday of every month in Ravenna, OH. Eligible employers who are active members can earn up to 4% in Ohio BWC premium rebates by attending the monthly luncheons and completing rebate eligibility requirements.
For more information on how to join the PCSC or to review the rebate eligibility requirements, click here.
- Winner – 2019 BWC Canton/Cambridge Safety Council “Stand-Down” to Prevent Falls Challenge. 23.9% member participation & 10,587 individuals trained in fall protection during May 2019!
- Honorable Mention – 2018 Safety Council of the Year
- Honorable Mention – 2016 Safety Council of the Year
- Nominated – Celebrate Portage 2016 Best Public Health Initiative (as a part of the Portage County Workforce Health & Wellness Coalition)
- Winner – Celebrate Portage 2015 Best Public Health Initiative
- Honorable Mention – 2015 Safety Council of the Year
- Honorable Mention – 2014 Safety Council of the Year
- 2nd Place – 2013 Safety Council of the Year
- BWC paid premiums rebate*
- Educational Safety awareness
- Opportunities for sharing information
- Support and Advocacy
- Networking opportunities
- Recognition and awards
* must meet eligibility requirements
Monthly Safety Training Luncheons:
The Portage County Safety Council conducts monthly safety training luncheons at the Ravenna Elks Club, 776 North Freedom Street in Ravenna from 11:30 a.m.- 1:00 p.m. on the second Thursday of each month.
The buffet lunch, catered by Guido’s of Ravenna, is $15 per person for members, $20 per person for non-members. Meetings begin with lunch, followed by a 30-45 minute program on a topic related to workplace safety.
In Partnership With: