Portage County & NE Ohio is not only a great place to work but its also a great place to live!
We are blessed with great parks throughout the region. The list below was created to highlight some of the more popular parks in our area. Its not an exhaustive list but will help you get started and hopefully inspire you to GET OUTSIDE IN 2020!
For a fun way to discover great parks in Portage County, take the Wild Hikes Challenge by the Portage Park District!
Please be safe at these parks and on these trails. Please adhere to park rules social distancing guidelines as suggested.
Parks/Trails in Portage County
- Berlin Lake Trail – Deerfield, OH* Video
- Dix Park – Ravenna, OH* Video
- Headwaters Trail – Garrettsville to Mantua, OH*
- Morgan Park – Ravenna, OH*
- Nelson-Kennedy Ledges State Park – Nelson Township, OH Podcast
- Portage Hike & Bike Trail – Ravenna to Kent, OH*
- Red Fox River Access – Shalersville, OH*
- Seneca Ponds Park – Streetsboro, OH* Video
- Shaw Woods – Ravenna, OH* Video
- Sunny Lake – Aurora, OH
- Towner’s Woods Park – Kent, OH*
- West Branch State Park – Ravenna, OH Podcast
*Operated by the Portage Park District
Parks just outside Portage County
Notable Parks/Sites in NE Ohio
- Brandywine Falls (CVNP) – Sagamore Hills, OH
- Chagrin Waterfalls – Chagrin Falls, OH
- Cleveland Metroparks – Cleveland, OH (and vicinity)
- Cuyahoga Valley National Park – Brecksville, OH (and vicinity)
- Edgewater Park – Cleveland, OH
- Headlines Beach State Park – Geneva, OH
- Summit Metro Park – Akron, OH (and vicinity)
- The Ledges (CVNP) – Peninsula, OH
Other notable parks than can be enjoyed in a day or within a reasonable drive (from Ravenna, OH).