Did you know?
- “The Department of Labor notes that27% of all violent events in the workplace are tied to some form of domestic violence.” – ALICE Training.com
- ” 21 percent of full-time employed adults said they were victims of domestic violence and 74 percent of that group said they’ve been harassed at work.” – SHRM
- Portage County law enforcement agencies received well over 1,000 domestic violence calls last year!
Domestic violence happens everywhere and victims come in all ages & genders! Donya Buchanan & Amy Kelly of Safer Futures joined us to chat about domestic violence and give us a snapshot of how often it happens in the Portage County area!
- Click here to listen to the podcast interview: Our podcasts are available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Pandora, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, iHeartRadio, Podbean, Stitcher, & TuneIn/Alexa. Just search for “Portage County Safety Council” on your favorite podcast app.
- Click here to watch the video recording on YouTube.
COMMUNITY AWARENESS WALK – JUNE 26 Safer Futures will be hosting their 1st Annual “Shine a Light on Domestic Violence” Community Awareness Walk on Saturday, June 26, 2021, 6pm-9pm, at Sunny Lake in Aurora. Click here for more info.
Feel free to share with friends & colleagues!
The masks will be used to help FCS staff to continue to provide vital services through their food pantries, homeless shelter, hot foods programs, etc.
Pictured above: Mike Thompson, PCSC Manager (left); Michael O’Connor, EHS Manager, Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics (right).
Episode 187: Jennifer White of the Portage Park District joined us to chat about the best places to enjoy the beautiful fall colors in Portage County, OH! For more information about the Portage County Safety Council, please visit our website today! Sponsored by UH Portage Medical Center. Photo of Morgan Park courtesy of Jennifer Robinson.
Here’s a great presentation from University Hospitals on self-care! Click here to watch.
Episode 148: Jennifer Parmenter, Clinical Counseling Supervisor at Family & Community Services, Inc., in Kent, OH, called in to give us some tips on how to take care of ourselves and our mental health during the COVID-19 crisis! For more information about the PCSC, visit PortageCountySafetyCouncil.com today!
Hosted by UH Portage Medical Center, click here for more information.
Episode 139: Lori Cook, Traffic Safety Advisor for AAA East Central NEO, called in to chat about how to stay safe driving in school bus traffic! For more information about the Portage County Safety Council, please visit our website today!