Episode 199: Safety specialist Katie Woodhall, Organizational Development & Leadership Advisor at Sparrow Tale, joined us to chat about how she inspires safety by creating space for employees to grow! For more information about the PCSC, visit PortageCountySafetyCouncil.com today! Sponsored by UH Portage Medical Center.
Episode 198: Mary Kate Waggoner, Education and Outreach Committee Co-Chair of the Summit County Collaborative Against Human Trafficking (SCCAHT), joined us to answer common questions and expose myths in regards to human trafficking. Check out EndSlaverySummitCounty.org or their FB page for update into. For more information about the PCSC, visit PortageCountySafetyCouncil.com today! Sponsored by UH Portage Medical Center.
We’re really excited about our next meeting which will be on Thursday, January 28, 2021, 11am-12pm, on Zoom Webinar! Click here to view flyer.
This event will be our annual CEO Day!!! Please invite your CEO to attend.
DESCRIPTION: There is no substitute for excellence in workplace safety practices, unfortunately, sometimes bad things happen to good companies, even those with stellar safety practices. Through leveraging tactics driven by behavioral economics and the best practices of branding, the negative impact of safety mishaps on a company’s reputation can be lessened.
Gain practical insights into building a valued and respected brand that can act as a bulwark against undue damage from almost any crisis. Find out how you can make safety part of your branding. Hear from an expert and join in a lively conversation with colleagues across multiple industries.
ABOUT JEFF: Jeff Hedrich is the founder and current Lead Brand Strategist of Prodigal. As a passionate and prominent speaker on various branding topics, he was the moderator of the branding panel at the first Ohio Marketing Summit, featuring brands such as Lincoln Electric and the Rock n’ Roll Hall of Fame. Jeff started his career as an award-winning writer at Cleveland magazine, and then a Senior Writer at Glazen Creative before founding Prodigal. Over the past decade, Jeff has conceived and co-developed the Brand MRI™, an innovative and efficient branding process that has been successfully engaged by more than 60 privately-held companies. Jeff also has a teenage daughter who is significantly smarter, except possibly on the subject of branding.
This training is ideal for CEO’s, HR & safety managers as well as marketing staff!
Please RSVP online no later than 12pm on Tuesday, January 26. This meeting is open to local chamber members. Feel free to invite multiple employees to attend. Attendance limited to 100 participants.
Episode 197: Dawn Yoder, CEO at Anderson Management, shares how she flipped one company’s retention rate from 25% to 75% in just one year! Dawn is also a Global Priority Solutions consultant, check out their podcast, Living Like a Leader, available on your favorite podcast apps. Please note: this is an excerpt from e193. For more information about the Portage County Safety Council, please visit our website today! Sponsored by UH Portage Medical Center.
Episode 196: This is a live recording of our Virtual Safety Council meeting on Thursday, September 24, 2020. The topic was The Power of Words: How to Build a Culture of Success & Legacy, and it was presented by Coach James Lovejoy, Streetsboro High School Assistant Football Coach & 2019 Streetsboro Citizen of the Year. For more information about the Portage County Safety Council, please visit our website today! Sponsored by UH Portage Medical Center.
The masks will be used to help FCS staff to continue to provide vital services through their food pantries, homeless shelter, hot foods programs, etc.
Pictured above: Mike Thompson, PCSC Manager (left); Michael O’Connor, EHS Manager, Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics (right).
2020 was a tough year for all of us but we’re happy we made the turn and had another effective year!
The list below is a simple snapshot of what we’ve done together through all the hard times. Thank you for your continued support and participation in the Portage County Safety Council. We look forward to an even better, healthier & safer 2021 with you all!
- Launched Virtual Safety Program (9 Virtual Meetings in 2020)
- 16 On-Demand Video Recordings (7 bonus videos)
- Launched the first ever Safety Mastermind Group
- 66% more visitors to website than 2019
- Launched a new YouTube channel in Feb.
- Healthy Workers are Safer Workers
- Get Outside! 14 related podcasts released, posters downloaded 687 times!
- Overcoming Stress (on-going)
- 67 episodes published, nearly 21 hours of content created (37% increase from 2019)
- Downloads increased 21% from 2019
- Downloaded in 46 states (44% OH, ME 8%, CA 8%, MI 7%, VA 6%) and in 52 nations (84% USA)
- Became available in 2020 on Pandora, iHeart Radio, Amazon Music & Alexa
Episode 195: Dr. Kristen Dickerson, Statewide Health, Wellness, & Special Program Manager at the Ohio Center for Occupational Safety & Health (Ohio BWC), joined us to talk about how to avoid emotional burnout caused by social pressure during the pandemic and more! For more information about the PCSC, visit PortageCountySafetyCouncil.com today! Sponsored by UH Portage Medical Center.
Welcome to our monthly newsletter for December 2020!
Our goal for the newsletter is to connect our members to relevant safety resources, all linked together in one convenient location every month. We hope you find this resource useful and valuable!
Please share with your colleagues!
- Dealing with Others During the Holidays. Dawn Yoder of Global Priority Solutions & Tanya Miller of Anti-Virus Youth Education, joined us on Zoom and gave us some tips on how to handle people different than us during the holidays! Check out their podcast, Living Like a Leader, available on your favorite podcast apps. Please note: this is an excerpt from e193. (12:09)
- [Safety Talk] How to Prevent Cold Stress. What is cold stress & how can we prevent it? This episode is a great snapshot from OSHA’s Cold Stress Guide! (6:11)
- How to Engage Gen Z at Home & Work. Tanya Miller of Anti-Virus Youth Education and Dawn Yoder of Global Priority Solutions, joined us on Zoom to talk about how to engage with Gen Z workers & family members. As a CEO, Dawn flipped a company’s annual retention rate from 25% to 75% in one year by engaging employees better! She describes her experience starting at around 20:00. (56:54) Video
- [Safety Blast] Dressing Properly in Cold Weather. Here are some tips from OSHA’s Cold Stress Guide on how to dress properly in extreme cold weather! (1:58)
- [Safety Blast] Christmas Driving Safety Tips. Lori Cook, Traffic Safety Advisor for AAA East Central NEO gives us some tips on how to stay safe driving for Christmas! (4:15)
- [Safety Blast] Driving Safe on New years. Lori Cook, Traffic Safety Advisor for AAA East Central NEO, reminds us to drive safe when celebrating New Years! (3:59)
- PCSC Podcasts: Our podcasts are available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Pandora, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, iHeartRadio, Podbean, Stitcher, & TuneIn/Alexa! Access local & relevant workplace safety information right through your phone! Subscribe today!
- Our podcasts are now available on Pandora!!!
- Only 6 Sponsorships are still available in 2021! Follow link for more info.
- Overcoming Stress Resources: Audio & video resources to help you and your staff to overcome stress.
- FY21 Membership Renewal: It’s not too late to #LevelUp in safety! Join today!
Episode 194: Dawn Yoder of Global Priority Solutions & Tanya Miller of Anti-Virus Youth Education, joined us on Zoom and gave us some tips on how to handle people different than us during the holidays! Check out their podcast, Living Like a Leader, available on your favorite podcast apps. Please note: this is an excerpt from e193. For more information about the Portage County Safety Council, please visit our website today! Sponsored by UH Portage Medical Center.