Welcome to our monthly newsletter for September 2022!
Our goal for the newsletter is to connect our members to relevant safety resources, all linked together in one convenient location every month. We hope you find this resource useful and valuable!
Please share with your colleagues!
- [NE Ohio Safety Expo Preview] Workers’ Compensation 101 – Basics from a MCO prospective. [Audio] Cheryl Altizer, Account Executive at Promedica Medical Management, joined us to talk about her 2022 NE Ohio Safety Expo presentation titled, Workers’ Compensation 101 – Basics from a MCO prospective. (11:13)
- The Biological Basis of Complacency: Article by Incident Prevention.
- Confined Space Hazards Toolbox Talk: A short video by Ally Safety. (4:02)
- What It Really Means to Empower Workers: Article by Safeopedia.
- 5 tips to reduce repetitive stress injuries: Article by Safety + Health Magazine.
- Hand Tool Ergonomics: September 2022 Safety & Hygiene Corner.
- Ohio BWC Virtual Training: Through December 2022.
- PCSC Podcasts: Our podcasts are available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Pandora, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, iHeartRadio, Podbean, Stitcher, & TuneIn/Alexa! Access local & relevant workplace safety information right through your phone! Subscribe today!
- October 6, 2022 – Are You Ready to Lead Safety Differently? We’re excited to be hosting a live online training session that was previously featured during the 2022 Ohio Safety Congress at the Greater Columbus Convention Center earlier this year! This free webinar will be on Thursday, October 6, 2022, 11am-12pm, on Zoom Webinar. Follow the link to register today!
- NEO Safety Expo – October 20th: This training qualifies as an external training credit. A certificate of completion must be submitted to the PCSC manager before the end of FY23 in order to receive credit.
- Only 4 FY23 Sponsorships Still Available! Sponsorship of a Portage County Safety Council meeting is a cost-effective way to get your business noticed! Only 4 are still available through June 2023. Follow the link for more info.
- Next In-Person Meeting: October 13, 2022 – Common Fire Code Violations, presented by Lt. Vince Yost of the Kent Fire Dept,11:30am-1:00pm, at The Ravenna Elks, located at 776 N. Freedom St in Ravenna, OH. Lunch is $20 for members, $25 for non-members & walk-ins.