Welcome to our monthly newsletter for November 2022!
Our goal for the newsletter is to connect our members to relevant safety resources, all linked together in one convenient location every month. We hope you find this resource useful and valuable!
Please share with your colleagues!
- Creating Space for Employees to Share Their Insight: Laurin Mooney, Founder & Innovator of Speaking IN, joined us to talk about how to create space for employees to share their wealth of insight and why leaders should embrace it. Available on most podcast apps.
- Simplifying Tasks to Improve Worker Safety: Article by Incident Prevention.
- Preventing Slips, Trips & Falls: A short video by Ally Safety. (3:42)
- Are Workplace Risks Hiding in Plain Sight? Article by Safeopedia.
- Injection molding machines: Avoid the hazards: Article by Safety + Health Magazine.
- GFCI Importance: November 2022 Safety & Hygiene Corner.
- Ohio BWC Virtual Training: Through December 2022.
- PCSC Podcasts: Our podcasts are available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Pandora, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, iHeartRadio, Podbean, Stitcher, & TuneIn/Alexa! Access local & relevant workplace safety information right through your phone! Subscribe today!
- Next In-Person Meeting: December 8, 2022 – Staying Safe Around Automation, presented by Mark Eitzman, Safety and Project Manager, Integrated Mill Systems.,11:30am-1:00pm, at The Ravenna Elks, located at 776 N. Freedom St in Ravenna, OH. Lunch is $20 for members, $25 for non-member
- OSHA 10 Training Report: 34 member employees completed the OSHA 10 General Industry Training on October 26-27, 2022, at Viking Forge in Streetsboro. Congratulations to all the participants who completed the program!
- Only 4 FY23 Sponsorships Still Available! Sponsorship of a Portage County Safety Council meeting is a cost-effective way to get your business noticed! Only 4 are still available through June 2023. Follow the link for more info.
- US Safety Gear Streetsboro Grand Opening & Ribbon Cutting: Join Tarry Alberini and several community representatives on December 1, 2022, for the grand opening (8am-5pm) and ribbon cutting (9am-9:30am) at their new Streetsboro location. See flyer for more information.