NOTICE: The FY21 rebate program (July 1, 2020-June 30, 2021) has been officially cancelled by the Ohio BWC due to COVID-19 with an expected return for FY22 (July 1, 2021-June 30, 2022).
Rebate Eligibility Requirements:
To qualify for the FY20 BWC Safety Council rebate (July 1, 2019-June 30, 2020), you must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Join your local safety council by July 31, 2019;
- Attend 10 safety council meetings between July 1, 2019 and June 30, 2020;**
- Send a qualified senior-level manager to a safety council sponsored meeting;
- Submit semiannual workplace accident reports for the 2019 calendar year.
*The rebate offer excludes self-insuring employers and state agencies. Limitations apply to a professional employer organization and its clients. BWC encourages all employers to become active safety council members.
**At least eight through the local safety council. You can get credit for up to two meetings through attendance at BWC’s safety training courses or industry-specific training.
The following is a breakdown of potential rebates when an employer is an active member of a safety council.
- Employers meeting all safety council rebate eligibility requirements that are not enrolled in a group-rating program will earn a 2-percent participation rebate on their premium and the potential of an additional 2-percent performance bonus.
- Employers meeting all safety council rebate eligibility requirements that are also enrolled in a group-experience-rating program have the potential to earn a 2-percent performance bonus.
- Employers meeting all safety council rebate eligibility requirements that are also enrolled in a group-retrospective-rating program will earn a 2-percent participation rebate.