Welcome to the 6th edition of our new monthly newsletter!
Our goal for the newsletter is to connect our members to relevant safety resources, all linked together in one convenient location every month. We hope you find this resource useful and valuable!
Please share with your colleagues!
2018 PORTAGE COUNTY WORKPLACE HEALTH & SAFETY EXPO:
*Registration is now open! Click here for the registration form.
- 16 safety related breakout courses! Based on 4 tracks (Construction, Industrial, Electrical, & Health) there’s something for everyone! Follow the link for more info on courses & speakers.
- Free health screenings by University Hospitals!
- Exhibit Hall filled with local vendors & prize drawings!
- Outdoor exhibits from Engines-LPG, County Fire Protection, and the Portage County LEPC!
- Safety Feud game by Swift First Aid!
- Qualifies for 1 Safety Council attendance/CEO credit for PCSC members or 1 external training credit for members of other councils!
- $10 off registration if paid for by June 8, 2018! Registration fee is $30 by 6/8, $40 after 6/8.
- Includes Lunch! Every attendee will receive a boxed lunch. Coffee, water, & breakfast pastries will be available in the morning.
- Click here to listen to the expo podcast announcement.
- PCSC Podcasts: Click here to listen on iTunes. Click here to listen on Google Play.
- May “Stand-Down” to Prevent Falls Challenge safety info & resource links.
- May’s Safety Update from the Ohio BWC Library. Each edition provides up-to-date news & safety information.
- Tornado Safety: May 2018 Safety & Hygiene Corner by Ohio BWC safety consultants.
- Lightning Safety When Working Outdoors. This is FactSheet provided by OSHA.
- Brad Hurtig stayed over last week to record a post-luncheon podcast with us! Click here to listen today!
- New attendance record! 143 people attended our Annual Safety Awards & CEO Day with keynote speaker Brad Hurtig, breaking our attendance record!
- May Stand-Down Challenge Deadline: Submit the information (Click here for the form) to your safety council by Monday, June 4, 2018.
- FY18 ends on June 30, 2018. All External Training Credit certificates of completion must be submitted by Friday, June 29, 2018, in order to be accepted. FY18 Annual Prepaid Lunch Packages will end on June 14, 2018.
- FY19 begins on July 1, 2018. Current members must renew by submitting payment July 31, 2018, in order to qualify for rebate. New members must enroll by submitting an Enrollment Form & payment by July 31, 2018.
- June 14, 2018 – How to Prevent Heat Related Injuries & Illnesses at Work, Bill Hocevar, Director of Risk and Compliance, The Great Lakes Construction Co. Sponsored by University Hospitals Portage Medical Center.
- June 22, 2018 – Portage County Workplace Health & Safety Expo.
- WE NEED EXPO VOLUNTEERS! Click here for more info.
- BWC Updates: These are the power points presented by BWC Representative Nic Coia at our monthly meetings.
- Monthly Meeting Power Points. We post them on our website after the presenters send them to us and give us permission to publish. If the speaker provides additional info, we’ll post it there as well.
- External Training Credit Opportunities: We post them on our blog as outside organizations send them to us. A maximum of 2 external training credits are allowed per program year to help members earn the 10 minimum attendance credits required by the rebate. Please Note: ETC certificates of completion must be submitted by June 30 every year in order to qualify.
- Rebate Participation Spreadsheet. Rebate eligible members can review how close they are to fulfilling the minimum rebate eligibility requirements by reviewing the Participation Spreadsheet which is typically updated on a monthly basis.