Welcome to our monthly newsletter for April 2022!
Our goal for the newsletter is to connect our members to relevant safety resources, all linked together in one convenient location every month. We hope you find this resource useful and valuable!
Please share with your colleagues!
- Leading vs. Lagging Indicators: [Video] Justin Deflumeri, MS, GSP, Owner of Optimal Safety Inspections, joined us to chat about leading vs.lagging indicators. Justin also shares fun stories on how he often makes safety fun and more engaging. (23:38)
- Are You Ready to Lead Safety Differently? [Audio] Pamela Walaski, Senior Program Director, Specialty Technical Consultants Inc., (16:29)
- The 4 Areas Safety Professionals Need to Focus On: Article by Safeopedia.
- Recordkeeping News for High Hazard Industries: Article by Safex.
- Work zones are a sign to slow down: Article by Ohio BWC.
- Study links heavy alcohol use to hundreds of millions of missed workdays a year: Article by Safety + Health Magazine.
- NFPA 70B: April 2022 Safety & Hygiene Corner.
- Ohio BWC Distance Learning: March-June 2022.
- PCSC Podcasts: Our podcasts are available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Pandora, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, iHeartRadio, Podbean, Stitcher, & TuneIn/Alexa! Access local & relevant workplace safety information right through your phone! Subscribe today!
- FY23 News Coming Soon! News regarding the upcoming program year starting July first (FY23) will be announced in May.
- May is Mental Health Awareness Month! We’re asking members to help promote mental health throughout the month of May. We’ve created several free campaign resources including a poster that you can print and display at your facility. For the resources, see link below.
- Mental Health Awareness Campaign Resources: We created this Mental Health Awareness Campaign in order to help employers fight back by giving them the tools to easily promote mental health awareness and well-being to their employees.
- Next Virtual Meeting – April 28, 2022: Ohio EPA’s Regulations – What You Need to Know to Stay Out of Trouble, presented by Dan Sowry, Assistant Environmental Administrator, Ohio EPA.
Mental Health Awareness Podcasts:
- Mental Health Checkups. Most of us complete an annual checkup with our family doctor as a preventative measure for our physical health but how many of us do the same for our mental health? Clinical Consultant, Kelly Younkins, shares her idea of annual “mental health checkups” that could revolutionize the mental health industry! (27:02)
- Let’s Talk About Depression. Kelly Younkins, a Clinical Consultant and a Clinical Supervisor for Family & Community Services, Inc., joins us to talk about depression for Mental Health Awareness Month. (29:47)
- Let’s Talk About Anxiety. Kelly Younkins, a Clinical Consultant and a Clinical Supervisor for Family & Community Services, Inc., joined us to talk about anxiety for Mental Health Awareness Month. (30:10)