Welcome to our monthly newsletter for June 2022!
Our goal for the newsletter is to connect our members to relevant safety resources, all linked together in one convenient location every month. We hope you find this resource useful and valuable!
Please share with your colleagues!
- Heat Stress: Warning Signs & Prevention: [Audio] Joe Barney, Compliance & Training Officer from The Great Lakes Construction Co. stayed over with us to recap his presentation on how to prevent heat related illnesses & injuries at work! (7:25)
- [Safety Talk] Tornado Safety Tips. [Audio] Here’s some safety tips from Ready.gov on how to prepare for and survive a tornado! (4:34)
- 5 Easily Overlooked Safety Risks Every Workplace Should Address: Article by Safeopedia.
- TESTING CHAINSAW CHAPS | Everything you need to know: A short video by Ally Safety. (6:24)
- Trench Safety – Trench Inspection: A short video by the Ohio BWC. (3:26)
- Safety from the ground up: Article by Ohio BWC.
- Be a safety lookout: Article by Safety + Health Magazine.
- Loading Powered Industrial Trucks: June 2022 Safety & Hygiene Corner.
- Ohio BWC Distance Learning: March-June 2022.
- PCSC Podcasts: Our podcasts are available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Pandora, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, iHeartRadio, Podbean, Stitcher, & TuneIn/Alexa! Access local & relevant workplace safety information right through your phone! Subscribe today!
- FY22 Virtual Program has ended! Our last FY22 virtual meeting was last week on June 9th. FY22 will officially be over on the 30th and FY23 officially begins on July 1st.
- The Rebate is Back!!! Renew or enroll by July 31st to qualify for the rebate. Click here to learn how to join now or here for rebate qualifications.
- In-Person Meetings/Luncheons Restart July 14th! Starting July 14, 2022, the Portage County Safety Council will meet in-person every second Thursday, 11:30am-1:00pm, at The Ravenna Elks, located at 776 E. Freedom St in Ravenna, OH. Lunch will be $20 for members, $25 for non-members.
- FY23 In-Person Sponsorships are Now Available! Sponsorship of a Portage County Safety Council meeting is a cost-effective way to get your business noticed! Follow the link for more info.
- [Community Spotlight] Portage Development Board. Brad Ehrhart, President of the Portage Development Board, shares about the economic development work they’re doing and how they can help companies locate, stay & grow in Portage County! (2:56)
- Portage County HSEMA Earns “Stormready” Designation From National Weather Service