Welcome to our monthly newsletter for October 2022!
Our goal for the newsletter is to connect our members to relevant safety resources, all linked together in one convenient location every month. We hope you find this resource useful and valuable!
Please share with your colleagues!
NE OHIO SAFETY EXPO PREVIEWS:
- 2022 NE Ohio Safety Expo Overview. David Costantino, co-founder of the annual NE Ohio Safety Expo, joined us to talk about the event which will take place on Thursday, October 2022, at the Eastwood Event Centre in Niles, OH. (9:04)
- How to Reduce Complacency & Inspire Safety Excellence. Cari Gray, Industrial Safety Consultant at the Ohio BWC, joined us to talk about her 2022 NE Ohio Safety Expo presentation titled, How to Reduce Complacency & Inspire Safety Excellence. (9:58)
- Are Transitional Work Programs Really Worth the Effort? Shanna Dunbar, President at Workplace Health Inc., joined us to talk about her 2022 NE Ohio Safety Expo presentation titled, Are Transitional Work Programs Really Worth the Effort? (10:03)
- Confined Space Identification and Hazards. Jennifer Wasilk, owner of Sandstone EHS Services, LLC joined us to talk about her 2022 NE Ohio Safety Expo presentation titled, Confined Space Identification and Hazards. (9:56)
- Lockout Tagout. Brian Zachetti, Industrial Safety Consultant Specialist at the Ohio BWC, joined us to talk about his 2022 NE Ohio Safety Expo presentation on Lockout/Tagout. (13:31)
- NEO Safety Expo – October 20th: This training qualifies as an external training credit. A certificate of completion must be submitted to the PCSC manager before the end of FY23 in order to receive credit.
- OSHA Electric Power Standards – Simplified: Article by Incident Prevention.
- How to Use a Fire Extinguisher Using the P-A-S-S Method: A short video by Ally Safety. (2:37)
- How to Stay Safe from Welding Fumes and Gases: Article by Safeopedia.
- Survey finds lack of training on preventing struck-by incidents in construction: Article by Safety + Health Magazine.
- Fire Considerations Since COVID: October 2022 Safety & Hygiene Corner.
- Ohio BWC Virtual Training: Through December 2022.
- PCSC Podcasts: Our podcasts are available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Pandora, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, iHeartRadio, Podbean, Stitcher, & TuneIn/Alexa! Access local & relevant workplace safety information right through your phone! Subscribe today!
- Next In-Person Meeting: November 10, 2022 – Effective Communication: How to Leverage Stories to Improve Your Safety Messaging, presented by Kevin Mowers, Owner, Extended Management, Inc, a franchise of Crestcom International.,11:30am-1:00pm, at The Ravenna Elks, located at 776 N. Freedom St in Ravenna, OH. Lunch is $20 for members, $25 for non-member
- OSHA 10 Training: We’ll be hosting another OSHA 10 General Industry Training on October 26-27, 2022, 8am-4pm, at Viking Forge in Streetsboro. For more information or to register, please see the attached flyer.
- Only 4 FY23 Sponsorships Still Available! Sponsorship of a Portage County Safety Council meeting is a cost-effective way to get your business noticed! Only 4 are still available through June 2023. Follow the link for more info.