Welcome to our monthly newsletter for October 2019!
Our goal for the newsletter is to connect our members to relevant safety resources, all linked together in one convenient location every month. We hope you find this resource useful and valuable!
Please share with your colleagues!
- Check out Anti-Virus Youth Education! Anti-Virus Youth Education has positively impacted over 75 school districts and over 20,000 students! Based out of Ohio, they have completed leadership & character development workshops in 6 states, have been designated as a Best Practice by the Ohio Department of Education and their curriculum can be found in 16 nations! Director, Tanya Miller called in to chat about this exciting program making a difference around the world! Please share this episode with colleagues and friends who work in education today!
WHY I STAY SAFE CAMPAIGN RESOURCES:
- Free Employer Toolkit: The Why I Stay Safe Employer Toolkit reviews the results of our survey, highlights key takeaways, lists easy ways to implement the campaign at your workplace and provides free campaign graphics to help get you started!
- Free Campaign Poster & Flyer: Feel free to download, print and display at your workplace! The poster is 11×17 and the flyer is 8.5×11, both are in PDF.
- Free Campaign Graphics & Pictures: Feel free to share in your company emails, newsletters and social media pages! All are in JPEG format.
- Take the Employer Pledge! If your company will be participating in the #WhyIStaySafe Campaign, please sign-up in the Employer Pledge! This helps us to measure the impact of the campaign. We won’t share contact info with anyone.
- Why I Stay Safe Campaign Launch (Live). This is a live recording of our Why I Stay Safe Campaign launch at our monthly workplace safety luncheon on October 10, 2019. PCSC Manager, Mike Thompson, shares the insight from a recent survey that led to the development & launch of the campaign as well as the free resources that are available online aimed at helping employers integrate the campaign into their current safety program.
- Selling Safety to CEO’s, Managers and Front Line Employees. Cari Gray, Safety Consultant for the Ohio BWC, called in to chat with us about how to sell safety to CEO’s, middle managers and front-line employees! (36:15)
- Someone’s at the Door – They’re from OSHA! (Live). This is a live recording of our monthly workplace safety luncheon on September 12, 2019. The topic was Someone’s at the Door – They’re from OSHA! and it was presented by Pat McCon, Sr. Risk Engineering Consultant, Zurich North America. (43:25)
- Why I Stay Safe Podcast. What’s your employees’ primary motivation for working safe? It may not be what you think it is! Join Nic & Mike as they chat about the results of a recent survey that led to the launch of the Portage County Safety Council’s new Why I Stay Safe Campaign! (19:00)
- Breaking Out of the Safety Box. What is “the safety box” and how can you break out of it to improve your company’s safety performance? Join Nic & Mike as they answer these questions and chat about how to overcome common industry blinders that may be hindering your company’s safety score! (20:55)
- October’s Safety Update from the Ohio BWC Library. Each edition provides up-to-date news & safety information.
- Temporary Workers: October’s Safety & Hygiene Corner
- How Avoiding Back Pain Can Be As Basic As Muscle Memory. Article by Ving!
- PCSC Podcasts: Our podcasts are now available on iTunes, Spotify, Google Play, Podbean, & Stitcher! Access local & relevant workplace safety information right through your phone! Subscribe today!
- OSHA 10hr Training is Almost SOLD OUT! More than half the seats are already filled. Hurry and register today before its too late!
- NEXT MEETING: Thursday, November 14, 2019, 11:30am-1:00pm. The topic will be Healthy Backs & Bodies and it will be presented by Tanya Snowden, PT, CEAS, AOEAS, Program Creator and Master Instructor, HEALTHY BACKS & BODIES™. RSVP deadline is 12pm on Monday, November 11th.
- 2020 Sponsorships Available! 2020 monthly luncheon sponsorships are now available! Each month is still only $125 and you get 20% off when sponsor more than one month. Contact us before they’re gone!
- FY20 Participation Spreadsheet in now available! Rebate eligible members can now review how close they are to fulfilling the minimum FY20 rebate eligibility requirements by reviewing the Participation Spreadsheet which is typically updated on a monthly basis.
- BWC Updates: These are the power points presented by BWC Representative Nic Coia at our monthly meetings.
- Monthly Meeting Power Points. We post them on our website after the presenters send them to us and give us permission to publish. If the speaker provides additional info, we’ll post it there as well.
- External Training Credit Opportunities: We post them on our blog as outside organizations send them to us. A maximum of 2 external training credits are allowed per program year to help members earn the 10 minimum attendance credits required by the rebate. Please Note: ETC certificates of completion must be submitted by June 30 every year in order to qualify. Click here for ETC guidelines.
- Rebate Participation Spreadsheet. Rebate eligible members can review how close they are to fulfilling the minimum rebate eligibility requirements by reviewing the Participation Spreadsheet which is typically updated on a monthly basis.