Welcome to our monthly newsletter for October 2021!
Our goal for the newsletter is to connect our members to relevant safety resources, all linked together in one convenient location every month. We hope you find this resource useful and valuable!
Please share with your colleagues!
- Overcoming Stress at Work & Beyond! Clinical Consultant Kelly Bako Younkins, joined us to talk stress at work and beyond! Click here to view the video recording.
- [Safety Blast] Halloween Traffic Safety Tips: [Audio] Lori Cook, Traffic Safety Advisor for AAA East Central NEO, called in to share a few tips on how to stay safe in Halloween Traffic! (3:34)
- [Safety Talk] Tornado Safety Tips: [Audio] Here’s some safety tips from Ready.gov on how to prepare for and survive a tornado! (4:34)
- Tornado Fact Sheet: From Ready.gov.
- Fleet Safety Q & A: [Audio] Timothy Brewster, Director of the Loss Prevention & Recovery Unit at National Interstate Insurance Company, answers questions after his presentation on Reducing the Risk of Accidents Through Effective Fleet Safety Controls. (6:07)
- Getting Prepared for OSHA’s New Heat-Related Initiatives. Compliance update provided by Safex.
- Machines Safety Videos & Slides: Resources from our 5-wk training facilitated by Integrated Mill Systems.
- Cart Safety: October 2021 Safety & Hygiene Corner.
- Ohio BWC Distance Learning: October 2021.
- PCSC Podcasts: Our podcasts are available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Pandora, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, iHeartRadio, Podbean, Stitcher, & TuneIn/Alexa! Access local & relevant workplace safety information right through your phone! Subscribe today!
- Help us hit 10,000!!! Our workplace safety podcast is just shy of 10,000 downloads. Please help us hit it by listening to one of our most recent episodes today! Follow the link above to listen or search for “Portage County Safety Council” on your favorite podcast app such as Apple Podcast, Spotify, Pandora, etc. Don’t forget to subscribe!
- PCSC YouTube Channel: Did you know the PCSC has a YouTube channel? We often upload some of our virtual meetings and most of our bonus video content and make it accessible to the public.
- Join today to level up in safety! 16 live virtual meetings with on-demand access, free access to 2 semi-annual statewide safety summits and more will be included in this year’s membership! IT’S NOT TOO LATE TOO JOIN!!!
COMMUNITY NEWS & RESOURCES:
- Center of Hope: The weather is changing and Thanksgiving is so close! We are in need of help filling our over 500 boxes for our Thanksgiving Distribution. If you are out and about on Saturday the Center of Hope will be open for drop offs 10:00 am to 12:00 pm. We are in desperate need of the following: boxed mashed potatoes, caned sweet potatoes, corn, Jiffy corn bread mix and macaroni and cheese.
- Kent Social Services: Hard to believe it’s already that time of year folks! If you personally, or if your organization is looking to donate food items for the holiday; these are the items that we will be collecting for both Thanksgiving & Christmas. With both centers combined, we are expecting to fill over 800 food boxes for our friends in need.
- Mental Health Awareness: 1 in 5 U.S. adults experience mental illness each year, but less than two thirds get treatment. Mental Health should be a priority for everyone. Take a free and anonymous screening.