Welcome to our monthly newsletter for January 2023!
Our goal for the newsletter is to connect our members to relevant safety resources, all linked together in one convenient location every month. We hope you find this resource useful and valuable!
Please share with your colleagues!
- OSHA Recordkeeping Tips: We caught up with Cari Gary, Safety Consultant Specialist at the Ohio BWC, for a post-presentation interview after this month’s workplace safety luncheon. Cari did a great job as always, presenting on OSHA Recordkeeping.[Audio] (5:24)
- [Safety Talk] Winter Driving Safety: Lori Cook, Traffic Safety Advisor for AAA East Central NEO shares how to stay safe on the road in the winter. [Audio] (7:17)
- 90% of Safety Rules are Written for 10% of the People: Article by Incident Prevention.
- Struck-By Hazards Toolbox Talk: A short video by Ally Safety. (6:40)
- Overcoming Challenges to Safeguarding Legacy Machinery: Article by Safeopedia.
- Frostbite: Do’s and don’ts: Article by Safety + Health Magazine.
- Space Heaters: January 2023 Safety & Hygiene Corner.
- Ohio BWC Virtual Training: January-June 2023.
- PCSC Podcasts: Our podcasts are available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Pandora, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, iHeartRadio, Podbean, Stitcher, & TuneIn/Alexa! Access local & relevant workplace safety information right through your phone! Subscribe today!
- February 9, 2023 – Safety – What really matters? Presented by Steve Forystek, Corporate Safety Manager, CJK Group (Sheridan Ohio),11:30am-1:00pm, at The Ravenna Elks, located at 776 N. Freedom St in Ravenna, OH. Lunch is $20 for members, $25 for non-members.
- Ohio Safety Congress Podcast Previews Coming Soon! We’re partnering with the Ohio BWC to once again create podcast preview for top OSC23 speakers! These interviews will be published starting next week. You’ll be able to listen on your favorite podcast app. Stay tuned!
- SHRM PDCs: We’re excited to announce that we are partnering with the Portage County Human Resources Association (PCHRA) so that our members can earn Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM by attending our monthly meetings! If you have these credentials and would like to have certificates of completions for PDCs emailed to you after our monthly meetings, please complete this quick online registration form as soon as possible.