We’re excited to announce that we’ll be hosting our very first QPR Suicide Prevention Training in partnership with the Mental Health & Recovery Board of Portage County!
Please note: This event qualifies for up to 1 rebate attendance credit (same as our monthly meetings). This would be a great opportunity for members who need an extra credit to reach the 10 minimum required.
THIS TRAINING WILL COVER:
- How to Question, Persuade and Refer someone who may be suicidal
- How to get help for yourself or learn more about preventing suicide
- The common causes of suicidal behavior
- The warning signs of suicide
- How to get help for someone in crisis
- Date: Tuesday, May 16, 2023.
- Time: 11:30am-1pm.
- Price: Free for PCSC members (members only).
- Location: Family & Community Services, Room 101 (Community Room), 705 Oakwood St, Ravenna, OH 44266.
- Lunch: Provided by our Safety Education Fund (your 50/50 money).
- Rebate: Qualifies for up to 1 rebate attendance credit (same as our monthly meetings).
- Certification: Similar to First Aid or CPR, participants who successfully complete the training will become certified QPR “Gatekeepers.”
- Registration Info: Participants must register individually online and have an email address. Seating is limited to 30 (10 minimum). REGISTRATION DEADLINE is Monday, May 8, 2023.