Welcome to our monthly newsletter for May 2022!
Our goal for the newsletter is to connect our members to relevant safety resources, all linked together in one convenient location every month. We hope you find this resource useful and valuable!
Please share with your colleagues!
- The Real Reason Employees Hate Safety Programs: Article by Safeopedia.
- Heat Stress Toolbox Talk: A short video by Ally Safety. (7:25)
- Stay Cool! Article by Ohio BWC.
- Leading vs. Lagging Indicators: [Audio] Justin Deflumeri, MS, GSP, Owner of Optimal Safety Inspections, joined us to chat about leading vs.lagging indicators. Justin also shares fun stories on how he often makes safety fun and more engaging. (23:38)
- ANSI/ISEA standard on workplace first aid kits gets update: Article by Safety + Health Magazine.
- OSHA Heat Stress Standard: May 2022 Safety & Hygiene Corner.
- Don’t saw off safety: Safety Tips by Safety + Health Magazine.
- Ohio BWC Distance Learning: March-June 2022.
- PCSC Podcasts: Our podcasts are available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Pandora, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, iHeartRadio, Podbean, Stitcher, & TuneIn/Alexa! Access local & relevant workplace safety information right through your phone! Subscribe today!
- The Rebate is Back!!! Renew or enroll by July 31st to qualify for the rebate. Click here to learn how to join now or here for rebate qualifications.
- In-Person Meetings/Luncheons Restart July 14th! Starting July 14, 2022, the Portage County Safety Council will meet in-person every second Thursday, 11:30am-1:00pm, at The Ravenna Elks, located at 776 E. Freedom St in Ravenna, OH. Lunch will be $20 for members, $25 for non-members.
- FY23 In-Person Sponsorships are Now Available! Sponsorship of a Portage County Safety Council meeting is a cost-effective way to get your business noticed! Follow the link for more info.
- Next Virtual Meeting – May 26, 2022: Machine Guarding: Back to the Basics, presented by Brian Basbagill, CSP, Senior Consultant, Safex. Sponsored by Metis Construction.
Mental Health Awareness Resources:
- Free Campaign Poster: Feel free to download, print and display at your workplace! The poster is 11×17 and in PDF.
- Mental Health Resource Guide: Provided by the Mental Health & Recovery Board of Portage County, this is a comprehensive guide to local mental health resources.
- Community Resource Guide: Provided by Portage County Jobs & Family Services, this is a comprehensive guide to local community resources that includes other services such as food, housing, clothing, basic needs and emergency type services, etc.
- Local Mental Health Fact Sheets: A list of community resources & facts sheets provided by the Mental Health & Recovery Board of Portage County.
- Let’s Talk About PTSD. Kelly Younkins, a Clinical Consultant and a Clinical Supervisor for Family & Community Services, Inc., joined us to talk about PTSD for Mental Health Awareness Month. (37:20)
- Let’s Talk About Suicide. Katie Cretella, Director of Clinical Services, Trumbull County Mental Health & Recovery Board, joined us to talk about suicide for Mental Health Awareness Month. (23:30)