Welcome to our monthly newsletter for August 2022!
Our goal for the newsletter is to connect our members to relevant safety resources, all linked together in one convenient location every month. We hope you find this resource useful and valuable!
Please share with your colleagues!
- The Need for Leadership: [Video] Kevin Mowers, President of Crestcom- Extended Management, Inc., joined us to talk about the need for leadership, training & development for employees at every level. (35:31)
- Lockout Tagout: An introduction to the control of hazardous energy. A short video by Ally Safety. (3:21)
- 5 Ways to Empower Frontline Workers and Improve Industrial Safety: Article by Safeopedia.
- OSHA emphasis program targets warehousing, storage and distribution yard operations: Article by Safety + Health Magazine.
- Hoist Inspection: August 2022 Safety & Hygiene Corner.
- Ohio BWC Virtual Training: Through December 2022.
- PCSC Podcasts: Our podcasts are available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Pandora, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, iHeartRadio, Podbean, Stitcher, & TuneIn/Alexa! Access local & relevant workplace safety information right through your phone! Subscribe today!
- NEO Safety Expo – October 20th: This training qualifies as an external training credit. A certificate of completion must be submitted to the PCSC manager before the end of FY23 in order to receive credit.
- FY23 In-Person Sponsorships are Now Available! Sponsorship of a Portage County Safety Council meeting is a cost-effective way to get your business noticed! Follow the link for more info.
- Next In-Person Meeting: September 8, 2022 – Manufacturing and Society Demand Both Safety and Productivity, presented by Mark Eitzman, Safety and Project Manager, Integrated Mill Systems, 11:30am-1:00pm, at The Ravenna Elks, located at 776 N. Freedom St in Ravenna, OH. Lunch is $20 for members, $25 for non-members & walk-ins.