Click here for the PDF Registration Form.
Ashley Baden, certified MHFA trainer, gives us a snapshot of the internationally recognized Mental Health First Aid training in Episode 49 of the Portage County Safety Council Podcast. Click here to listen now.
Update: we have removed the “3 people per company” limit. PCSC members may now register more than 3 employees until the class is sold out.
All available power points from the 3rd biannual Portage County Workplace Health & Safety Expo breakout sessions are listed below. Click the title of the presentation to view.
Please Note: If a specific breakout session is not listed or linked below, we have not received the power point from the speaker.
- The Evolving Workforce: Productivity and Safety Measures, presented by Steve Ludwig, Safety Programs Manager, Rockwell Automation. This presentation will cover machine guarding and more. Click here to listen to his post-presentation podcast!
- Walking Surfaces Update, presented by Cari Gray, CSP, Safety Consultant, Ohio BWC.
- Risk Assessment, presented by Pamela Walaski, CSP, CHMM, Director of Health & Safety, GAI Consultants.
- What is E.P.C.R.A. (Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act) and is your business required to report?, presented by Michelle Sowers, Emergency Management Specialist, Ohio EMA. This course is in partnership with the Portage County LEPC.
This track is in conjunction with the Portage County Combined Health District.
- Effects of Drugs at Work: Warning Signs & Prevention, presented by Dr. Amanda Burke, Prevention Specialist, Townhall II.
- Portage Drug Task Force Update, presented by Captain Larry Limbert, Commander, Portage County Drug Task Force. *Presentation not available*
- Emergency Preparedness Plans, presented by Marianne Kitakis,Emergency Preparedness Coordinator, Portage County Health District.
- Bloodborne Pathogens & Communicable Diseases, presented by Karen Towne, Portage County Health District.
- Business Case for an Electrical Safety & Maintenance Program, presented by, Michael Kovacic, President, ES Squared, Inc.
- Standard for Electrical Safety: NFPA 70E 2018 Updates, presented by, Michael Kovacic, President, ES Squared, Inc.
- The Counterfeit Conundrum – Identifying A Worldwide Problem For Electrical Safety, presented by, Michael Kovacic, President, ES Squared, Inc.
- NFPA 70B Overview: Recommended Practice for Electrical Equipment Maintenance, presented by, Michael Kovacic, President, ES Squared, Inc.
*No Construction Track power points were submitted.
The 3rd Biannual Portage County Workplace Health & Safety Expo is coming to Maplewood Career Center on Friday, June 22, 2018!
More info coming soon!
Date: Tuesday, March 27, and Wednesday, March 28, 2018
Location: Maplewood Career Center, 7075 St Rt 88, Ravenna, OH 44266
Price: $245 for up-to-date PCSC members (seating is limited to 10 people total)
Registration Deadline: December 31, 2017 (payment required at registration and based on first come/first served)
Click here for the registration form.