Welcome to our monthly newsletter for September 2021!
Our goal for the newsletter is to connect our members to relevant safety resources, all linked together in one convenient location every month. We hope you find this resource useful and valuable!
Please share with your colleagues!
- Machine Safety Part 1: Societal Demands for Safety & Productivity. [Video] Mark Eitzman of Integrated Mill Systems, presents on societal and economic forces driving safety, the 3 elements of safety maturity and justifying & proving the return on investment of safety and productivity. A MUST SEE VIDEO FOR CEO’S & SAFETY PROS!!!
- New OSHA Noise Hazard Program: OSHA announced a new Regional Emphasis Program (REP) to identify, reduce, and eliminate hazards associated with exposures to high levels of noise. The program was announced on June 14, 2021, and is for OSHA Region V, which includes Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio and Wisconsin.
- Robot Safety Q & A: [Audio] Mark Eitzman, Safety and Project Manager at Integrated Mill Systems, answers questions after his presentation on Safety Considerations for Robots in Manufacturing. (8:33)
- OSHA’s Suicide Prevention Stand Down Campaign: In accordance with OSHA’s Suicide Prevention Stand Down Week, we made this video and podcast to help employer prevent suicide,
- Construction Suicide Prevention: Free resources to prevent suicides in the construction industry.
- Seat belts & Claims: September 2021 Safety & Hygiene Corner.
- Ohio BWC Distance Learning: September 2021.
- 2021 All-Hazards Conference: Oct. 1, 2021. Hosted by 3 county LEPC’s.
- PCSC Podcasts: Our podcasts are available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Pandora, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, iHeartRadio, Podbean, Stitcher, & TuneIn/Alexa! Access local & relevant workplace safety information right through your phone! Subscribe today!
- Statewide Safety Council Mega Meetings Announced: As mentioned earlier today and at the announcement of our FY22 program year, the Ohio BWC is hosting 2 statewide “Mega Meetings” for all Ohio safety councils. There’s no need to register for these events, just click on the link for each date on the attached flyer to access the live broadcast. Please see the flyer for more info.
- Free 5-Hour Machine Safety Workshop: This course will be broken up into five, 1-hour live training sessions, 11am-12pm, on Zoom Webinar, every Wednesday in September starting on the 1st, ending on the 29th. Click here for more info! You can still attend the last 3 sessions!!!
- Join today to level up in safety! 16 live virtual meetings with on-demand access, free access to 2 semi-annual statewide safety summits and more will be included in this year’s membership! IT’S NOT TOO LATE TOO JOIN!!!
You must be logged in to post a comment.