Welcome to the 7th edition of our new monthly newsletter!
Our goal for the newsletter is to connect our members to relevant safety resources, all linked together in one convenient location every month. We hope you find this resource useful and valuable!
Please share with your colleagues!
- PCSC Podcasts: Click here to listen on iTunes. Click here to listen on Google Play.
- June’s Safety Update from the Ohio BWC Library. Each edition provides up-to-date news & safety information.
- Lightning Safety When Working Outdoors. This is FactSheet provided by OSHA.
- Joe Barney stayed over last week to record a post-luncheon podcast with us, recapping his presentation on Heat Stress! Click here to listen today!
- Episode 33 – Safety Blast: Hydroplaning. Lori Cook, Traffic Safety Advisor for AAA East Central NEO gives us a few tips on how to prevent hydroplaning! (2:05) This episode would make a great tool box talk!
- FY18 ends on June 30, 2018. All External Training Credit certificates of completion must be submitted by Friday, June 29, 2018, in order to be accepted. FY18 Annual Prepaid Lunch Packages will end on June 14, 2018.
- FY19 begins on July 1, 2018. Current members must renew by submitting payment July 31, 2018, in order to qualify for rebate. New members must enroll by submitting an Enrollment Form & payment by July 31, 2018.
- June 22, 2018 – Portage County Workplace Health & Safety Expo. WE NEED EXPO VOLUNTEERS! Click here for more info.
- FY19 begins on July 1, 2018.
- July 12, 2018 – Sit & Stand (Ergonomics), Delia Treaster, Ph.D., BWC Ergonomic Technical Advisor.
- BWC Updates: These are the power points presented by BWC Representative Nic Coia at our monthly meetings.
- Monthly Meeting Power Points. We post them on our website after the presenters send them to us and give us permission to publish. If the speaker provides additional info, we’ll post it there as well.
- External Training Credit Opportunities: We post them on our blog as outside organizations send them to us. A maximum of 2 external training credits are allowed per program year to help members earn the 10 minimum attendance credits required by the rebate. Please Note: ETC certificates of completion must be submitted by June 30 every year in order to qualify.
- Rebate Participation Spreadsheet. Rebate eligible members can review how close they are to fulfilling the minimum rebate eligibility requirements by reviewing the Participation Spreadsheet which is typically updated on a monthly basis.