Welcome to our monthly newsletter for January 2020!
Our goal for the newsletter is to connect our members to relevant safety resources, all linked together in one convenient location every month. We hope you find this resource useful and valuable!
Please share with your colleagues!
WORKPLACE WELLNESS RESOURCES:
- Healthy Workers are Safer Workers (Live Campaign Launch). This is a live recording of our Healthy Workers are Safer Workers campaign launch at our monthly workplace safety luncheon on January 9, 2020. (10:17) Click here for the power point.
- Free Campaign Poster: View, download or print your own to display at your facility!
- Engaging Your Workers in Wellness: Free 24-page workplace wellness toolkit for employers by the PCSC!
- Mindfulness in the Workplace. We caught up with Jennifer Stefanak, Market Well-Being Partner at Mercy Health, to chat about mindfulness at work after her presentation at the Northeast Ohio Safety Expo! (12:08)
- Small Changes Can Make Big Improvements. We caught up with personal trainer, Lisa Kelleman-McClain, owner of Build A Body Personal Training LLC, at the 2019 SCSC Wellness Conference in Akron, to talk about workplace wellness! (10:02)
- January’s Safety Update from the Ohio BWC Library. Each edition provides up-to-date news & safety information.
- Guarding eStop Buttons: January’s Safety & Hygiene Corner.
- OSHA’s Shifting Focus on Leading Indicators; A Leap Towards Innovation in Safety. Article by Ving!
- [Bonus Training] Mirror Neurons: Hardwired for Empathy (Live) Here’s an excerpt of a recent live training on mirror neurons from trainer Mike Thompson. Although the training is addressed to workers in social services, it’s relevant to all staff, especially those who provide one-on-one care, coaching or case management. We hope you enjoy this free bonus training! (12:56)
- PCSC Podcasts: Our podcasts are now available on iTunes, Spotify, Google Play, Podbean, & Stitcher! local & relevant workplace safety information right through your phone! Subscribe today!
- Reports are due January 15th! All PCSC members are required to complete the 2019 Second Half Semi-Annual Report regardless of eligibility status. Please do so by the end of the day on Wednesday, January 15, 2020. Failure to do so may disqualify your company from the annual safety awards and rebate.
- NEXT MEETING: Thursday, February 13, 2020, 11:30am-1:00pm. The topic will be Safety Crash Course – Part 1 [LOTO, PPE, Forklift/PIT, JHA/JSA], and it will be presented by the PCSC Steering Committee. RSVP deadline is 12pm on Monday, February 10th.
- 5,000 Downloads! The PCSC Podcast has now been downloaded over 5,000 times! Thank you for listening & promoting! If you enjoy these podcast, please leave aposiitve review on your favorite podcast app today!
- Workplace Wellness Month Continues! Workplace Wellness month continue throughout January at the PCSC! We’ll be releasing a related podcast every Monday of the month.
- Notice: March Meeting Date Change! Due to OSC 2020, our regularly scheduled March meeting will now be on March 5th, 2020. Please advise all staff planning to attend.
EXTERNAL TRAINING CREDIT OPPORTUNITIES
- JAN 23, 2020 – OSHA Recordkeeping in Akron
- JAN 23, 2020 – Machine Safeguarding: Making Sense of Control Reliability in Independence
- FEB 12, 2020 – NE Ohio Trenching and Confined Space Safety Conference in Warren
- FEB 13, 2020 – OSHA Safety Day in Columbus
- FEB 25, 2020 – Tree Work Essentials in Canton
- MAR 11-13, 2020 – Ohio Safety Congress in Columbus
- Monthly Meeting Power Points. We post them on our website after the presenters send them to us and give us permission to publish. If the speaker provides additional info, we’ll post it there as well.
- External Training Credit Opportunities: We post them on our blog as outside organizations send them to us. A maximum of 2 external training credits are allowed per program year to help members earn the 10 minimum attendance credits required by the rebate. Please Note: ETC certificates of completion must be submitted by June 30 every year in order to qualify. Click here for ETC guidelines.
- Rebate Participation Spreadsheet. Rebate eligible members can review how close they are to fulfilling the minimum rebate eligibility requirements by reviewing the Participation Spreadsheet which is typically updated on a monthly basis.
- Rebate Fact Sheet: Have a question regarding rebate requirements? Check out this fact sheet from the Ohio BWC.