Welcome to our monthly newsletter for November 2020!
Our goal for the newsletter is to connect our members to relevant safety resources, all linked together in one convenient location every month. We hope you find this resource useful and valuable!
Please share with your colleagues!
- Ladder Safety for Work and the Holidays. This is a live recording of our Virtual Safety Council meeting on Thursday, November 12, 2020. The topic was Ladder Safety for Work and the Holidays, and it was presented by Dave Dennison, End User Safety Specialist, Werner Ladders (Flaherty Sales) (54:27) Listen/Download via Google Drive. Current members can access the full length video recording here.
- [Video] How Stressed are Your Employees? To get an idea of how stressed local employees have been since COVID-19, the Portage County Safety Council surveyed its members in late October 2020. In this video, we discuss the eye-opening but not surprising results. (19:40) Power Point.
- [Video] When to Know You Need Help. Jennifer Parmenter, Clinical Counseling Supervisor at Family & Community Services, joined us to talk about how stress is affecting us since the pandemic. She also gives us advice on when to know we need help beyond self-care and our personal support systems. (45:37)
- [Video] Dealing with Stress at Work Since COVID-19. [Public] Clinical Consultant, Kelly Bako Younkins, joined us to talk about dealing with stress at work since COVID-19. (58:40)
- [Video] How to Talk to Employees About Stress. Stress at work during COVID-19 is at an all-time high! Nearly half of our members said stress likely causes them to occasionally work unsafely and well over half (59%) said their companies rarely or never talk about it to employees. Luci Payne and Barb Furst of IMPACT Solutions joined us to discuss how we can talk to employees about stress. Power Point. (46:10)
- [Safety Blast] Driving Safe for Thanksgiving. Lori Cook, Traffic Safety Advisor for AAA East Central NEO, called in to share a few tips on how to drive safe this Thanksgiving! (2:58)
- [Safety Break] That Won’t Happen to Me. In this episode, George Nelson, CSP encourages us to discover and lead people through “bulletproof attitudes.” (4:54)
- [Safety Blast] Winter Walking-Working Surfaces Standard. Cari Gray, Safety Consultant Specialist for the Ohio BWC, gives us a snapshot of OSHA’s walking-working surfaces standards in regards to inclement winter weather often experienced in Northeast Ohio and beyond! (2:19)
- Documenting Training: November’s Safety & Hygiene Corner.
- PCSC Podcasts: Our podcasts are now available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, iHeartRadio, Podbean, Stitcher, & TuneIn/Alexa! Access local & relevant workplace safety information right through your phone! Subscribe today!
- Only 6 Sponsorships are still available in 2021! Follow link for more info.
- Overcoming Stress Resources: Audio & video resources to help you and your staff to overcome stress.
- FY21 Membership Renewal: It’s not too late to #LevelUp in safety! Join today!
- OSHA’s COVID-19 F.A.Q.’s
- Ohio Dept of Health COVID-19 Dashboard
- Portage County Health District’s COVID-19 Page
- CDC COVID-19 Page
- [Video] Portage County COVID-19 Update.This is a live recording of our Virtual Safety Council meeting on Thursday, October 8, 2020. The topic was Portage County COVID-19 Update, and it was presented by Becky Lehman, Director of Health Education and Promotion, Portage County Health District. Power Point. Podcast.
- A Closer Look: 4 Keys to Reduce the Spread of COVID-19 at Home or Work. Dr. Kristen Dickerson, Statewide Health, Wellness, & Special Program Manager at the Ohio Center for Occupational Safety & Health (Ohio BWC), joined us for a post-presentation interview to take a closer look at COVID-19 and answer some of the tougher questions. (29:54
- [Video] COVID-19: Unmasking A Novel Pathogen. This is a live recording of our Virtual Safety Council meeting on Thursday, August 13, 2020. The topic was COVID-19: Unmasking A Novel Pathogen and it was presented by Kristen Dickerson, PhD, Statewide Health, Wellness, & Special Program Manager, OCOSH-Ohio BWC. Power Point. Podcast.
- Diabetes Awareness Month. Jodi Neu, Community Outreach Nurse at University Hospitals Portage Medical Center, joined our Zoom meeting to talk about Diabetes Awareness Month and services they provide for the community. (5:01)
- [Get Outside] Enjoying Fall in Portage Parks. Jennifer White of the Portage Park District joined us to chat about the best places to enjoy the beautiful fall colors in Portage County, OH! (20:10)
You must be logged in to post a comment.