Did you know?
- “The Department of Labor notes that27% of all violent events in the workplace are tied to some form of domestic violence.” – ALICE Training.com
- ” 21 percent of full-time employed adults said they were victims of domestic violence and 74 percent of that group said they’ve been harassed at work.” – SHRM
- Portage County law enforcement agencies received well over 1,000 domestic violence calls last year!
Domestic violence happens everywhere and victims come in all ages & genders! Donya Buchanan & Amy Kelly of Safer Futures joined us to chat about domestic violence and give us a snapshot of how often it happens in the Portage County area!
- Click here to listen to the podcast interview: Our podcasts are available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Pandora, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, iHeartRadio, Podbean, Stitcher, & TuneIn/Alexa. Just search for “Portage County Safety Council” on your favorite podcast app.
- Click here to watch the video recording on YouTube.
COMMUNITY AWARENESS WALK – JUNE 26 Safer Futures will be hosting their 1st Annual “Shine a Light on Domestic Violence” Community Awareness Walk on Saturday, June 26, 2021, 6pm-9pm, at Sunny Lake in Aurora. Click here for more info.
Feel free to share with friends & colleagues!