This training qualifies as an external training credit. A certificate of completion must be submitted to the PCSC manager before the end of FY23 in order to receive credit.
Oct 11, 2019 – NE Ohio Safety Expo
This training is hosted by the Ohio BWC (not the PCSC) but does qualify for 1 FY20 External Training Credit.
May 17, 2019 – Lake County Safety Expo
Please Note: this is not a PCSC sponsored event but does qualify for 1 external training credit for PCSC members.
2018 Expo Power Points
All available power points from the 3rd biannual Portage County Workplace Health & Safety Expo breakout sessions are listed below. Click the title of the presentation to view.
Please Note: If a specific breakout session is not listed or linked below, we have not received the power point from the speaker.
- The Evolving Workforce: Productivity and Safety Measures, presented by Steve Ludwig, Safety Programs Manager, Rockwell Automation. This presentation will cover machine guarding and more. Click here to listen to his post-presentation podcast!
- Walking Surfaces Update, presented by Cari Gray, CSP, Safety Consultant, Ohio BWC.
- Risk Assessment, presented by Pamela Walaski, CSP, CHMM, Director of Health & Safety, GAI Consultants.
- What is E.P.C.R.A. (Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act) and is your business required to report?, presented by Michelle Sowers, Emergency Management Specialist, Ohio EMA. This course is in partnership with the Portage County LEPC.
This track is in conjunction with the Portage County Combined Health District.
- Effects of Drugs at Work: Warning Signs & Prevention, presented by Dr. Amanda Burke, Prevention Specialist, Townhall II.
- Portage Drug Task Force Update, presented by Captain Larry Limbert, Commander, Portage County Drug Task Force. *Presentation not available*
- Emergency Preparedness Plans, presented by Marianne Kitakis,Emergency Preparedness Coordinator, Portage County Health District.
- Bloodborne Pathogens & Communicable Diseases, presented by Karen Towne, Portage County Health District.
- Business Case for an Electrical Safety & Maintenance Program, presented by, Michael Kovacic, President, ES Squared, Inc.
- Standard for Electrical Safety: NFPA 70E 2018 Updates, presented by, Michael Kovacic, President, ES Squared, Inc.
- The Counterfeit Conundrum – Identifying A Worldwide Problem For Electrical Safety, presented by, Michael Kovacic, President, ES Squared, Inc.
- NFPA 70B Overview: Recommended Practice for Electrical Equipment Maintenance, presented by, Michael Kovacic, President, ES Squared, Inc.
*No Construction Track power points were submitted.
2018 Expo Pictures
April 2018 Newsletter
Welcome to the 5th edition of our new monthly newsletter!
Our goal for the newsletter is to connect our members to relevant safety resources, all linked together in one convenient location every month. We hope you find this resource useful and valuable!
Please share with your colleagues!
2018 PORTAGE COUNTY WORKPLACE HEALTH & SAFETY EXPO:
- 16 safety related breakout courses! Based on 4 tracks (Construction, Industrial, Electrical, & Health) there’s something for everyone! Follow the link for more info on courses & speakers.
- Free health screenings by University Hospitals!
- Exhibit Hall filled with local vendors & prize drawings!
- Outdoor exhibits from Engines-LPG, County Fire Protection, and the Portage County LEPC!
- Safety Feud game by Swift First Aid!
- Qualifies for 1 Safety Council attendance/CEO credit for PCSC members or 1 external training credit for members of other councils!
- $10 off registration if paid for by June 8, 2018! Registration fee is $30 by 6/8, $40 after 6/8.
- Includes Lunch! Every attendee will receive a boxed lunch. Coffee, water, & breakfast pastries will be available in the morning.
- Click here to listen to the expo podcast announcement.
*Registration is now open! Click here for the registration form.
- PCSC Podcasts: Click here to listen on iTunes. Click here to listen on Google Play.
- April’s Safety Update from the Ohio BWC Library. Each edition provides up-to-date news & safety information.
- Ergonomics Checklists: April 2018 Safety & Hygiene Corner provided by Ohio BWC staff.
- Lightning Safety When Working Outdoors. This is FactSheet provided by OSHA.
- Episode 25 – Silica Standard Interview. Rick Maj, Industrial Hygienist from the Ohio BWC stayed over last week to give our listeners a quick snapshot of his presention and a brief overview of OSHA’s new silica standard. (8:30)
- Episode 23 – Trench Safety Interview. Nic Coia interviews Eric White, Safety Consultant for the Ohio BWC, for an in-depth conversation on trench safety! (11:54)
- Episode 21 – Safety Talk: Trench Safety. Eric White, Safety Consultant for the Ohio BWC, gives us a crash course on trench safety! (3:18) This episode would make a great tool box talk!
- A handful of vendor tables are still available for The 3rd biannual Portage County Workplace Health & Safety Expo will be on Friday, June 22, 2018, 8am-3pm, at Maplewood Career Center! Vendor tables start at $50 and sponsorships start at $200. Register while they’re still available!
- Next Monthly Meeting: Annual Safety Awards & CEO Day with special keynote speaker Brad Hurtig! Thursday, April 10, 2018, 11:30am-1:30pm. Please Note: due to the award ceremony and our nationally recognized speaker, this luncheon will end at 1:30pm instead of our normal time. Click here to RSVP.
- The Fall Protection Competent Person Training on March 27-28 was a success with 19 people completing the training! A special thank you to Pat McCon, Maplewood Career Center, and the Northern Ohio Chapter of the ASSE for partnering on this event!
- BWC Updates: These are the power points presented by BWC Representative Nic Coia at our monthly meetings.
- Monthly Meeting Power Points. We post them on our website after the presenters send them to us and give us permission to publish. If the speaker provides additional info, we’ll post it there as well.
- External Training Credit Opportunities: We post them on our blog as outside organizations send them to us. A maximum of 2 external training credits are allowed per program year to help members earn the 10 minimum attendance credits required by the rebate.
NON-PCSC TRAINING EVENTS
- April 23-25, 2018 – Incident Command System Advanced Training – ICS 300. This qualifies for 1 external training credit.
- May 22-23, 2018 – Incident Command System Advanced Training – ICS 400. This qualifies for 1 external training credit.
2018 Expo Announced!
The 3rd Biannual Portage County Workplace Health & Safety Expo is coming to Maplewood Career Center on Friday, June 22, 2018!
More info coming soon!
Oct. 13, 2017 – NE Ohio Safety Expo
Please Note: this is NOT a PCSC event although it does qualify for 1 safety council external training credit.
For more information, click here to see the flyer/registration form.
You must be logged in to post a comment.