Welcome to the 5th edition of our new monthly newsletter!
Our goal for the newsletter is to connect our members to relevant safety resources, all linked together in one convenient location every month. We hope you find this resource useful and valuable!
Please share with your colleagues!
2018 PORTAGE COUNTY WORKPLACE HEALTH & SAFETY EXPO:
- 16 safety related breakout courses! Based on 4 tracks (Construction, Industrial, Electrical, & Health) there’s something for everyone! Follow the link for more info on courses & speakers.
- Free health screenings by University Hospitals!
- Exhibit Hall filled with local vendors & prize drawings!
- Outdoor exhibits from Engines-LPG, County Fire Protection, and the Portage County LEPC!
- Safety Feud game by Swift First Aid!
- Qualifies for 1 Safety Council attendance/CEO credit for PCSC members or 1 external training credit for members of other councils!
- $10 off registration if paid for by June 8, 2018! Registration fee is $30 by 6/8, $40 after 6/8.
- Includes Lunch! Every attendee will receive a boxed lunch. Coffee, water, & breakfast pastries will be available in the morning.
- Click here to listen to the expo podcast announcement.
*Registration is now open! Click here for the registration form.
- PCSC Podcasts: Click here to listen on iTunes. Click here to listen on Google Play.
- April’s Safety Update from the Ohio BWC Library. Each edition provides up-to-date news & safety information.
- Ergonomics Checklists: April 2018 Safety & Hygiene Corner provided by Ohio BWC staff.
- Lightning Safety When Working Outdoors. This is FactSheet provided by OSHA.
- Episode 25 – Silica Standard Interview. Rick Maj, Industrial Hygienist from the Ohio BWC stayed over last week to give our listeners a quick snapshot of his presention and a brief overview of OSHA’s new silica standard. (8:30)
- Episode 23 – Trench Safety Interview. Nic Coia interviews Eric White, Safety Consultant for the Ohio BWC, for an in-depth conversation on trench safety! (11:54)
- Episode 21 – Safety Talk: Trench Safety. Eric White, Safety Consultant for the Ohio BWC, gives us a crash course on trench safety! (3:18) This episode would make a great tool box talk!
- A handful of vendor tables are still available for The 3rd biannual Portage County Workplace Health & Safety Expo will be on Friday, June 22, 2018, 8am-3pm, at Maplewood Career Center! Vendor tables start at $50 and sponsorships start at $200. Register while they’re still available!
- Next Monthly Meeting: Annual Safety Awards & CEO Day with special keynote speaker Brad Hurtig! Thursday, April 10, 2018, 11:30am-1:30pm. Please Note: due to the award ceremony and our nationally recognized speaker, this luncheon will end at 1:30pm instead of our normal time. Click here to RSVP.
- The Fall Protection Competent Person Training on March 27-28 was a success with 19 people completing the training! A special thank you to Pat McCon, Maplewood Career Center, and the Northern Ohio Chapter of the ASSE for partnering on this event!
- BWC Updates: These are the power points presented by BWC Representative Nic Coia at our monthly meetings.
- Monthly Meeting Power Points. We post them on our website after the presenters send them to us and give us permission to publish. If the speaker provides additional info, we’ll post it there as well.
- External Training Credit Opportunities: We post them on our blog as outside organizations send them to us. A maximum of 2 external training credits are allowed per program year to help members earn the 10 minimum attendance credits required by the rebate.
NON-PCSC TRAINING EVENTS
- April 23-25, 2018 – Incident Command System Advanced Training – ICS 300. This qualifies for 1 external training credit.
- May 22-23, 2018 – Incident Command System Advanced Training – ICS 400. This qualifies for 1 external training credit.