Welcome to the 3rd edition of our new monthly newsletter!
Our goal for the newsletter is to connect our members to relevant safety resources, all linked together in one convenient location every month. We hope you find this resource useful and valuable!
Our podcasts are now on iTunes, Podbean, and Google Play! That means you have access to a great training resource right on your phone. Our shorter, straight to the point Safety Talks from local experts would be ideal for tool box talks, meeting ice breakers, or as a supplemental training tool.
- Podcast Safety Talks: Flu Prevention in One Minute (1:42), 2018 Flu Update (7:19), Flu Prevention (7:50), and more! Visit our new podcast site on Podbean!
- February’s Safety Update from the Ohio BWC Library. Each edition provides up-to-date news & safety information.
- BWC Updates: These are the power points presented by BWC Representative Nic Coia at our monthly meetings, including the most recent one from 2/8/18.
- 2018 EXPO!!! The 3rd biannual Portage County Workplace Health & Safety Expo will be on Friday, June 22, 2018, 8am-3pm, at Maplewood Career Center! More info coming soon. Vendor tables start at $50 and sponsorships start at $200.
- Second Half Semi-Annual Reports were due on January 15, 2018. If your company has not yet successfully completed them, please do so immediately to remain rebate eligible! Follow the link to complete online or to download forms.
- External Training Credit Opportunities: We post them on our blog as outside organizations send them to us. A maximum of 2 external training credits are allowed per program year to help members earn the 10 minimum attendance credits required by the rebate,
- Next Monthly Meeting: Thursday, March 1, 2018. Follow the link to RSVP. Please Note: this date is not our regular 2nd Thursday meeting date. Its 1 week earlier due to the Ohio Safety Congress event in Columbus.
- March 27-28, 2018 – Fall Protection Competent Person Training. SOLD OUT!