Welcome to the 4th edition of our new monthly newsletter!
Our goal for the newsletter is to connect our members to relevant safety resources, all linked together in one convenient location every month. We hope you find this resource useful and valuable!
We added some new features this month, please share with your colleagues!
- PCSC Podcasts: Click here to listen on iTunes. Click here to listen on Google Play.
- March’s Safety Update from the Ohio BWC Library. Each edition provides up-to-date news & safety information.
Safety Walk-Arounds for Managers. This is a Fact Sheet from OSHA.
- General Industry Walking-Working Surfaces and Fall Protection Standards. This is a Fact Sheet from OSHA.
- Episode 20 – Safety Blast: Drive Safe on St. Patrick’s Day. Lori Cook, Traffic Safety Advisor for AAA East Central NEO reminds us to drive safe on St. Patrick’s Day! (2:20)
- Episode 19 – Safety Blast: Drowsy Driving. Lori Cook, Traffic Safety Advisor for AAA East Central NEO gives us a few tips on how to avoid driving drowsy. (2:12)
- Episode 18 – Safety Talk: Staying Safe in Wet Driving Conditions. Lori Cook, Traffic Safety Advisor for AAA East Central NEO shares how to stay safe in wet driving conditions. (5:03)
- 2018 EXPO!!!The 3rd biannual Portage County Workplace Health & Safety Expo will be on Friday, June 22, 2018, 8am-3pm, at Maplewood Career Center! More info coming soon. Vendor tables start at $50 and sponsorships start at $200.
- Next Monthly Meeting: Thursday, April 12, 2018. Follow the link to RSVP.
- March 27-28, 2018 – Fall Protection Competent Person Training.SOLD OUT!
- BWC Updates: These are the power points presented by BWC Representative Nic Coia at our monthly meetings, including the most recent one from 3/1/18.
- Monthly Meeting Power Points. We post them on our website after the presenters send them to us and give us permission to publish. If the speaker provides additional info, we’ll post it there as well.
- External Training Credit Opportunities: We post them on our blog as outside organizations send them to us. A maximum of 2 external training credits are allowed per program year to help members earn the 10 minimum attendance credits required by the rebate.
NON-PCSC TRAINING EVENTS
- April 12, 2018 – Skywarn Training at Maplewood. This qualifies for 1 external training credit.
- April 23-25, 2018 – Incident Command System Advanced Training – ICS 300. This qualifies for 1 external training credit.
- May 22-23, 2018 – Incident Command System Advanced Training – ICS 400. This qualifies for 1 external training credit.