Welcome to the 8th edition of our new monthly newsletter!
Our goal for the newsletter is to connect our members to relevant safety resources, all linked together in one convenient location every month. We hope you find this resource useful and valuable!
Please share with your colleagues!
- PCSC Podcasts: Click here to listen on iTunes. Click here to listen on Google Play.
- July’s Safety Update from the Ohio BWC Library. Each edition provides up-to-date news & safety information.
- Sit & Stand Ergonomics: This is the power point used at our 7/12/18 luncheon by our presenter, Delia Treaster, Ph.D., BWC Ergonomic Technical Advisor.
- Lightning Safety When Working Outdoors. This is FactSheet provided by OSHA.
- Episode 37 – Heat Stress: Warning Signs & Prevention. Joe Barney, Compliance & Training Officer from The Great Lakes Construction Co. stayed over with us to recap his presentation on how to prevent heat related illnesses & injuries at work! (7:23)
- Episode 39 – The Evolving Workforce with Steve Ludwig. Steve Ludwig, Safety Programs Manger for Rockwell Automation, sits down with us to discuss the evolving workforce and the most effective measures that will improve safety across generational lines! (12:32)
- Expo Power Points: Courtesy of our breakout session speakers!
- FY19 began on July 1, 2018. Current members must renew by submitting payment July 31, 2018, in order to qualify for rebate. New members must enroll by submitting an Enrollment Form & payment by July 31, 2018.
- July 15, 2018 – Semi-Annual Reports were due! If you have not yet submitted this report, please do so ASAP. Click here for more info.
- August 9, 2018 – Safety Training with Technology, Donald Elswick, EHSS Trainer & Specialist, ELSMART Associates, LLC.
- BWC Updates: These are the power points presented by BWC Representative Nic Coia at our monthly meetings.
- Monthly Meeting Power Points. We post them on our website after the presenters send them to us and give us permission to publish. If the speaker provides additional info, we’ll post it there as well.
- External Training Credit Opportunities: We post them on our blog as outside organizations send them to us. A maximum of 2 external training credits are allowed per program year to help members earn the 10 minimum attendance credits required by the rebate. Please Note: ETC certificates of completion must be submitted by June 30 every year in order to qualify. Click here for ETC guidelines.
- Rebate Participation Spreadsheet. Rebate eligible members can review how close they are to fulfilling the minimum rebate eligibility requirements by reviewing the Participation Spreadsheet which is typically updated on a monthly basis.