Welcome to the 9th edition of our new monthly newsletter!
Our goal for the newsletter is to connect our members to relevant safety resources, all linked together in one convenient location every month. We hope you find this resource useful and valuable!
Please share with your colleagues!
- PCSC Podcasts: Our podcasts are now available on iTunes, Spotify, Google Play, Podbean, & Stitcher! Access local & relevant workplace safety information right through your phone!
- August’s Safety Update from the Ohio BWC Library. Each edition provides up-to-date news & safety information.
- Episode 45 – Safety Training with Innovative Technology. Donald Elswick, EHSS Trainer & Specialist at ELSMART Associates and Assistant Professor at the University of Findlay, stayed over with us to recap his presentation on how to better engage employees during safety training by using innovation technology! (11:06)
- Power Point from our August 9th luncheon on Safety Training with Innovative Technology with Donald Elswick, EHSS Trainer & Specialist, ELSMART Associates, LLC. Here’s a link to the video from the presentation. Here’s a link to more supplemental information provided by the speaker: The Road Map to Safety Training by Jeff Dalto.
- The Ultimate Safety Playbook For Training Millennials By Millennials.
- Until Help Arrives Training, Thursday, September 20, 2018, 8:30am-12:00pm, at Maplewood Career Center. Training is FREE but REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED. Qualifies for 1 Ohio Safety Council attendance/CEO credit or 1 external training credit. Minimum attendance 15/Maximum 30. Please RSVP by 9/14. Click here to RSVP now.
- July 15, 2018 – Semi-Annual Reports were due! If you have not yet submitted this report, please do so ASAP. Click here for more info.
- Our podcasts are now on Stitcher & Spotify!
- September 13, 2018 – Accident Investigation, Debbie O’Connell, Regional Manager, 1-888-OhioComp. Follow the link to RSVP today!
- BWC Updates: These are the power points presented by BWC Representative Nic Coia at our monthly meetings.
- Monthly Meeting Power Points. We post them on our website after the presenters send them to us and give us permission to publish. If the speaker provides additional info, we’ll post it there as well.
- External Training Credit Opportunities: We post them on our blog as outside organizations send them to us. A maximum of 2 external training credits are allowed per program year to help members earn the 10 minimum attendance credits required by the rebate. Please Note: ETC certificates of completion must be submitted by June 30 every year in order to qualify. Click here for ETC guidelines.
- Rebate Participation Spreadsheet. Rebate eligible members can review how close they are to fulfilling the minimum rebate eligibility requirements by reviewing the Participation Spreadsheet which is typically updated on a monthly basis.