Welcome to the 12th edition of our new monthly newsletter!
Our goal for the newsletter is to connect our members to relevant safety resources, all linked together in one convenient location every month. We hope you find this resource useful and valuable!
Please share with your colleagues!
- Episode 56 – Safety Blast: Winter Walking-Working Surfaces Standard. Cari Gray, Safety Consultant Specialist for the Ohio BWC, gives us a snapshot of OSHA’s walking-working surfaces standards in regards to inclement winter weather often experienced in Northeast Ohio and beyond! (2:19)
- Episode 57 – Ladder Safety. Dave Dennison, Safety Specialist at Flaherty Sales (Werner Co), joins us after his presentation at the Northeast Ohio Safety Expo to discuss ladder safety! (13:42)
- November’s Safety Update from the Ohio BWC Library. Each edition provides up-to-date news & safety information.
- Fire Extinguisher Inspections: Nov 2018 Safety & Hygiene Corner. Provided by Ohio BWC Safety Consultants.
- . Article provided by Ving!
- PCSC Podcasts: Our podcasts are now available on iTunes, Spotify, Google Play, Podbean, & Stitcher! Access local & relevant workplace safety information right through your phone!
WINTER DRIVING SAFETY:
- Episode 11 – How to Stay Safe Driving in the Winter. In this interview, Lori Cook, Traffic Safety Advisor for AAA East Central NEO joins us to discuss how to stay safe driving in winter weather. (13:11)
- Episode 10 – Safety Talk: Winter Driving Safety. Lori Cook, Traffic Safety Advisor for AAA East Central NEO shares how to stay safe on the road in the winter. (7:18) This episode would make a great tool box talk!
- Episode 9 – How to Prepare Your Vehicle for the Winter. Vince Stropko and Lori Cook of AAA East Central NEO join us on this Safety Chat to discuss how to prepare your vehicle(s) for the winter. (11:02)
- Episode 8 – Safety Talk: Winter Vehicle Prep. Vince Stropko, Approved Auto Repair Rep for AAA East Central NEO, provides tips on how to prep your vehicle for that frigid Northeast Ohio winter! (3:15) This episode would make a great tool box talk!
- NEXT MEETING: Thursday, December 13, 2018, 11:30am-1:00pm. Our topic is The True Cost of Safety and it will be presented by Rich McElhaney, VP Safety & Risk Management, Allied Insurance Brokers/Ascinsure. RSVP deadline is 12pm on Monday, December 10th.
- SARA, LEPC & Company Compliance (Live): Audio from last month’s monthly meeting is now available!
- Certifications: 25 PCSC members completed their Mental Health First Aid certification last month! Good work & congratulations!
- BWC Updates: These are the power points presented by BWC Representative Nic Coia at our monthly meetings.
- Monthly Meeting Power Points. We post them on our website after the presenters send them to us and give us permission to publish. If the speaker provides additional info, we’ll post it there as well.
- External Training Credit Opportunities: We post them on our blog as outside organizations send them to us. A maximum of 2 external training credits are allowed per program year to help members earn the 10 minimum attendance credits required by the rebate. Please Note: ETC certificates of completion must be submitted by June 30 every year in order to qualify. Click here for ETC guidelines.
- Rebate Participation Spreadsheet. Rebate eligible members can review how close they are to fulfilling the minimum rebate eligibility requirements by reviewing the Participation Spreadsheet which is typically updated on a monthly basis. Please Note: Updates won’t begin until the first of the year.