Welcome to our monthly newsletter for September 2019!
Our goal for the newsletter is to connect our members to relevant safety resources, all linked together in one convenient location every month. We hope you find this resource useful and valuable!
Please share with your colleagues!
- Breaking Out of the Safety Box. What is “the safety box” and how can you break out of it to improve your company’s safety performance? Join Nic & Mike as they answer these questions and chat about how to overcome common industry blinders that may be hindering your company’s safety score! (20:55)
- Drones: Commercial uses, Regulations and Best Practices (Live). This is a live recording of our monthly workplace safety luncheon on June 13, 2019. The topic was Drones: Commercial Uses, Regulations and Best Practices and it was presented by Josh Grappy, UAS Program Coordinator, Ohio BWC. (36:08)
- Transferring Safety Knowledge Through the Generational Gaps.Tony DeAscentis (the CEO) & Gabe King (the Millennial) of Ving!, stayed over with us after their presentation to chat about how to transfer safety knowledge through the generational gap! (15:30)
- September’s Safety Update from the Ohio BWC Library. Each edition provides up-to-date news & safety information.
- Push & Pull Motions: September’s Safety & Hygiene Corner
- OSHA’s Top Workplace Safety Tips for Employers. Article by Ving!
- PCSC Podcasts: Our podcasts are now available on iTunes, Spotify, Google Play, Podbean, & Stitcher! Access local & relevant workplace safety information right through your phone! Subscribe today!
- 2020 Sponsorships Available! 2020 monthly luncheon sponsorships are now available! Each month is still only $125 and you get 20% off when sponsor more than one month. Contact us before they’re gone!
- OCTOBER MEETING: Thursday, October 10, 2019, 11:30am-1:00pm. The topic will be Effective Safety & Motivational Leadership and it will be presented by a panel of local safety managers. RSVP deadline is 12pm on Monday, October 7th.
- DID YOU KNOW? We record the audio from most of our monthly meeting presentations and make them available for free on our website and through our podcast! That means you can access and share the presentation audio through any computer or smart device! If you enjoyed one of our guest speakers, consider sharing the audio of their presentation with your colleagues today!
- NE Ohio Safety Expo Podcasts: We’ll be interviewing speakers and recording a few presentations at the NE Ohio Safety Expo in October! They’ll be made available for free on all of our podcast channels and website. Stay tuned for more info.
EXTERNAL TRAINING CREDIT OPPORTUNITIES:
Please note that these events are not hosted by the PCSC but do qualify for one FY20 ETC. PCSC member can use up to 2 ETC in order to meet the minimum 10 Attendance Credits required to rebate eligible.
- Sept 26, 2019 – 2019 SCSC Wellness Conference
- Oct 1-2, 2019 – OSHA 10hr Industrial Safety Elements
- Oct 11, 2019 – NE Ohio Safety Expo
- BWC Updates: These are the power points presented by BWC Representative Nic Coia at our monthly meetings.
- Monthly Meeting Power Points. We post them on our website after the presenters send them to us and give us permission to publish. If the speaker provides additional info, we’ll post it there as well.
- External Training Credit Opportunities: We post them on our blog as outside organizations send them to us. A maximum of 2 external training credits are allowed per program year to help members earn the 10 minimum attendance credits required by the rebate. Please Note: ETC certificates of completion must be submitted by June 30 every year in order to qualify. Click here for ETC guidelines.
- Rebate Participation Spreadsheet. Rebate eligible members can review how close they are to fulfilling the minimum rebate eligibility requirements by reviewing the Participation Spreadsheet which is typically updated on a monthly basis.