Welcome to our monthly newsletter for November 2019!
Our goal for the newsletter is to connect our members to relevant safety resources, all linked together in one convenient location every month. We hope you find this resource useful and valuable!
Please share with your colleagues!
- [Safety Blast] Winter Driving Safety Tips. Lori Cook, Traffic Safety Advisor for AAA East Central NEO gives us 9 tips on how to stay safe driving in the winter! (1:49)
- Behavior-Based Safety 101 (Live). This is a live recording of the “BBS 101…It’s Not BS!” breakout session at the NE Ohio Safety Expo on Oct. 11, 2019. The topic was presented by Sarah Ghezzi, CSP, Industrial Safety Consultant, for Ohio BWC! (45:34)
- Improving Safety By Understanding People (Live). This is a live recording of our monthly workplace safety luncheon on November 14, 2019. The topic was Improving Safety By Understanding People and it was presented by Mike Thompson, PCSC Manager. Click here to view the power point used in the presentation. (36:53)
- Ohio Fire Codes in the Workplace (Live). This is a live recording of our monthly workplace safety luncheon on August 8, 2019. The topic was Ohio Fire Codes in the Workplace and it was presented by Lt. Jeff Coffee of the Kent Fire Dept. (44:46)
- Winter Safety Podcast Library. Contains 14 podcasts dedicated to winter safety! These episodes would make great toolbox talks or meeting icebreakers.
- OSHA’s Cold Stress Guide.
- November’s Safety Update from the Ohio BWC Library. Each edition provides up-to-date news & safety information.
- Holiday Safety Tips: November’s Safety & Hygiene Corner.
- PCSC Podcasts: Our podcasts are now available on iTunes, Spotify, Google Play, Podbean, & Stitcher! Access local & relevant workplace safety information right through your phone! Subscribe today!
- NEXT MEETING: Thursday, December 12, 2019, 11:30am-1:00pm. The topic will be Practical Application of Electrical Safety, and it will be presented by Karl Cunningham, Global Electrical Safety, Maintenance and Project Specialist, ES Squared, Inc.. RSVP deadline is 12pm on Monday, December 9th.
- 2020 sponsorships are SOLD OUT!
- 28 PCSC members completed the OSHA 10 Hour General Industry training at Hess Print Solutions in Kent, OH, on Nov. 7-8, 2019, earning their OSHA 10 card! Good job and congratulations everyone!
- Monthly Meeting Power Points. We post them on our website after the presenters send them to us and give us permission to publish. If the speaker provides additional info, we’ll post it there as well.
- External Training Credit Opportunities: We post them on our blog as outside organizations send them to us. A maximum of 2 external training credits are allowed per program year to help members earn the 10 minimum attendance credits required by the rebate. Please Note: ETC certificates of completion must be submitted by June 30 every year in order to qualify. Click here for ETC guidelines.
- Rebate Participation Spreadsheet. Rebate eligible members can review how close they are to fulfilling the minimum rebate eligibility requirements by reviewing the Participation Spreadsheet which is typically updated on a monthly basis.
- [Health Talk] Diabetes 101. November is Diabetes Awareness Month! Mindy Gusz, Community Outreach Coordinator at University Hospitals Portage Medical Center, gives us a crash course on diabetes and how to overcome it! (5:08)
- January 2020 will be Workplace Wellness month at the PCSC! More info and resources coming soon!