Welcome to our monthly newsletter for February 2020!
Our goal for the newsletter is to connect our members to relevant safety resources, all linked together in one convenient location every month. We hope you find this resource useful and valuable!
Please share with your colleagues!
- Embracing the Long View for Safety. Do you abandon your new safety strategy too soon? In this episode, Mike & Nic chat about the diffusion of innovation model and what it means for safety! (11:30) Listen/Download via Google Drive.
- Tench Safety Grant (TSG) Program:BWC’s Trench Safety Grant Program provides 4-to-1 matching funds, up to $12,000, to Ohio private and public employers covered by the State Insurance Fund who wish to purchase equipment to substantially reduce or eliminate injuries and illnesses associated with trenching and excavation. The grant funds can assist employers in purchasing safety equipment, such as trench boxes and hydraulic shoring.
- Trench Safety Ohio.com! A new website from the Ohio BWC that provides links to trenching safety information and tips, training, and publications.
- Practical Application of Electrical Safety (Live). This is a live recording of our monthly workplace safety luncheon on December 12, 2019. The topic was Practical Application of Electrical Safety and it was presented by Karl Cunningham, Global Electrical Safety, Maintenance and Project Specialist, ES Squared, Inc. (34:26) Listen/Download via Google Drive.
- February’s Safety Update from the Ohio BWC Library. Each edition provides up-to-date news & safety information.
- OSHA’s Policy on Online Training: February’s Safety & Hygiene Corner.
- PCSC Podcasts: Our podcasts are now available on iTunes, Spotify, Google Play, Podbean, Stitcher & You Tube! local & relevant workplace safety information right through your phone! Subscribe today!
- NOTICE: March Meeting Date Change! Due to OSC 2020, our regularly scheduled March meeting will now be on March 5th, 2020. Please advise all staff planning to attend.
- NEXT MEETING: Thursday, March 5, 2020, 11:30am-1:00pm. The topic will be Safety Crash Course – Part 2 and it will be presented by various speakers. RSVP deadline is 12pm on Monday, March 2.
- 2020 Expo! The 4th biannual Portage County Workplace Health & Safety Expo will be on Friday, June 19, 2020, 8am-3pm, at Maplewood Career Center. More details coming this spring!
- Expo Vendor Tables Starting at $50!!! Deadline is March 31, 2020. Follow link for more details.
- New PCSC You Tube Channel! One podcast will now be automatically converted to video and uploaded to our new You Tube channel every week!
- Website Update! Our website can now be found at PortageCountySafetyCouncil.com! The old WordPress URL stills works but now we are ad free and you can save a few seconds with the new domain address. In addition, we’ve also added several new pages under the About Us tab, to make it easier to explore & navigate all the good things the PCSC is currently involved in! Check it out!
EXTERNAL TRAINING CREDIT OPPORTUNITIES
- Monthly Meeting Power Points. We post them on our website after the presenters send them to us and give us permission to publish. If the speaker provides additional info, we’ll post it there as well.
- External Training Credit Opportunities: We post them on our blog as outside organizations send them to us. A maximum of 2 external training credits are allowed per program year to help members earn the 10 minimum attendance credits required by the rebate. Please Note: ETC certificates of completion must be submitted by June 30 every year in order to qualify. Click here for ETC guidelines.
- Rebate Participation Spreadsheet. Rebate eligible members can review how close they are to fulfilling the minimum rebate eligibility requirements by reviewing the Participation Spreadsheet which is typically updated on a monthly basis.
- Rebate Fact Sheet: Have a question regarding rebate requirements? Check out this fact sheet from the Ohio BWC.