Welcome to our monthly newsletter for April 2021!
Our goal for the newsletter is to connect our members to relevant safety resources, all linked together in one convenient location every month. We hope you find this resource useful and valuable!
Please share with your colleagues!
- How Stress Affects Anxiety & Rest: Joshua Hill, Therapist at Preferred Care Counseling, joined us to chat about how stress affects anxiety, rest, health, performance and more!
- Rig It Right or It Will Be Wrong (Live): This is a live recording of our Virtual Safety Council meeting on Thursday, February 11, 2021. The topic was Rig it Right or it Will be Wrong and it was presented by Al Abel, Lifting Specialist, Mazzella Lifting Technologies. Click here for a copy of the slideshow used or the handout mentioned. Click here for an abridged audio version on our podcast.
- May 3, 2021 – National Safety Stand-Down Event
- May 19, 2021 – Free Hearing Screening. Provided by UH Portage Medical Center.
- Fall Protection Equipment: April Safety & Hygiene Corner.
- Ohio BWC Distance Learning in May 2021
- [Health Talk] Heart Disease Prevention (Live): This is a live recording of a public service announcement presented by UH Portage Medical Center at our Virtual Safety Council meeting on Thursday, February 11, 2021, on Zoom.
- PCSC Podcasts: Our podcasts are available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Pandora, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, iHeartRadio, Podbean, Stitcher, & TuneIn/Alexa! Access local & relevant workplace safety information right through your phone! Subscribe today!
- FY22 Info Coming Soon! We’re expecting an announcement from the Ohio BWC in early May. We’ll send a mass email out once we have the official information. Please stay tuned!
- May 13, 2021 – Safety Considerations for Robots in Manufacturing, presented by Mark Eitzman, Safety and Project Manager, Integrated Mill Systems. Sponsored by 1-888-OhioComp.