Question: When do I take my fall protection equipment out of service?
Answer: Fall protection and fall rescue equipment shall be taken out of service when:
- Involved in a fall or impacted
- An inspection reveals that it may no longer serve the required function,
- The equipment shows signs of damage or wear
- The required inspection interval has been exceeded, or
- The equipment is past the manufacturers service life
All fall protection and fall rescue equipment that has been inspected and determined to be damaged and no longer adequate for service shall be tagged “DO NOT USE” or destroyed to prevent use.
*Provided by the Ohio BWC safety consultants.