Welcome to our monthly newsletter for June 2019!
Our goal for the newsletter is to connect our members to relevant safety resources, all linked together in one convenient location every month. We hope you find this resource useful and valuable!
Please share with your colleagues!
- Staying Safe in Wet Driving Conditions. Lori Cook, Traffic Safety Advisor for AAA East Central NEO shares how to stay safe in wet driving conditions. (5:03)
- Hydroplaning. Lori Cook, Traffic Safety Advisor for AAA East Central NEO gives us a few tips on how to prevent hydroplaning! (2:05)
- Driving Safe in Fog. Lori Cook, Traffic Safety Advisor for AAA East Central gives us a few tips on how to drive safe in the fog! (2:17)
- 4 Ways to Fight Mosquito Bites. Theodore Russell, BSPH, Vector Control Seasonal Worker at the Portage County Health District, gives us 4 ways to “fight the bite!” (1:48)
- Tick Bite First Aid: June 2019 Safety & Hygiene Corner provided by Ohio BWC safety consultants.
- Emergency Preparedness Plans. Marianne Kitakis, Emergency Preparedness Coordinator for the Portage County Combined Health District, stayed over after her expo presentation to recap 4 steps to developing an emergency preparedness plan. Click here to view her power point. (5:24)
- June’s Safety Update from the Ohio BWC Library. Each edition provides up-to-date news & safety information.
- Multigenerational Training Activities to Engage Everyone in Safety. Article provided by Ving!
- PCSC Podcasts: Our podcasts are now available on iTunes, Spotify, Google Play, Podbean, & Stitcher! Access local & relevant workplace safety information right through your phone! Subscribe today!
- NEXT MEETING: Thursday, July 11, 2019, 11:30am-1:00pm. The topic will be How To Successfully Use Baby Boomers & Generation X To Train Millennials On “Your Company’s Way” Of Getting The Job Done Right And Safe, presented by Tony DeAscentis (the CEO) & Gabe King (the millennial) of Ving! RSVP deadline is 12pm on Monday, July 8th.
- External Training Credit Deadline is Wednesday, June 26, 2019! Anyone seeking to use an external training credit to meet the 10 minimum attendance credits must submit the certificate of completion no late than 12PM on 6/26/19 in order to qualify for credit.
- FY20 starts July 1, 2019! Members enrolling for the first time must submit Enrollment Form by July 31, 2019, in order to qualify for FY20 rebate program. Current members must renew their annual dues and prepaid annual lunch packages prior to this meeting.
- New Summer Safety Page! We just launched a new podcast archive page linking to topics related to summer safety! Check it out today!
- BWC Updates: These are the power points presented by BWC Representative Nic Coia at our monthly meetings.
- Monthly Meeting Power Points. We post them on our website after the presenters send them to us and give us permission to publish. If the speaker provides additional info, we’ll post it there as well.
- External Training Credit Opportunities: We post them on our blog as outside organizations send them to us. A maximum of 2 external training credits are allowed per program year to help members earn the 10 minimum attendance credits required by the rebate. Please Note: ETC certificates of completion must be submitted by June 30 every year in order to qualify. Click here for ETC guidelines.
- Rebate Participation Spreadsheet. Rebate eligible members can review how close they are to fulfilling the minimum rebate eligibility requirements by reviewing the Participation Spreadsheet which is typically updated on a monthly basis.