Welcome to our monthly newsletter for March 2022!
Our goal for the newsletter is to connect our members to relevant safety resources, all linked together in one convenient location every month. We hope you find this resource useful and valuable!
- The Top 4 Levers That Will Drive Safety Forward in 2022: Article by Safeopedia.
- Embracing the Long View for Safety. Do you abandon your new safety strategy too soon? In this episode, Mike & Nic chat about the diffusion of innovation model and what it means for safety! Available on most podcast apps. (11:30)
- Drive Safe on St. Patrick’s Day. Lori Cook, Traffic Safety Advisor for AAA East Central NEO reminds us to drive safe on St. Patrick’s Day! (2:20)
- Situational Awareness at Work: Informative video by Career coach and corporate trainer, Chrissy Scivicque. (3:45)
- Testing PPE: Fun video by Ally Safety (3:48)
- Eye Injury Prevention Safety Fact Sheet: By The Texas Department of Insurance, Division of Workers’ Compensation (DWC)-Workplace Safety.
- Ototoxicity: March 2022 Safety & Hygiene Corner.
- Ohio BWC Distance Learning: March-June 2022.
- PCSC Podcasts: Our podcasts are available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Pandora, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, iHeartRadio, Podbean, Stitcher, & TuneIn/Alexa! Access local & relevant workplace safety information right through your phone! Subscribe today!
- No PCSC Meeting in March: There will be no regularly scheduled PCSC virtual meeting in March due to OSC22.
- April 13, 2022 – Statewide Mega Meeting: Hosted by the Ohio BWC. You do not need to pre-register, click link to view the flyer that contains the event link.
- Next Virtual Meeting – April 28, 2022: Ohio EPA’s Regulations – What You Need to Know to Stay Out of Trouble, presented by Dan Sowry, Assistant Environmental Administrator, Ohio EPA.
As we close out Wellness Month, we wanted to provide our members a list of free resources to them improve the health & wellness of their employees!
Wellness Month Podcasts:
- [Live Training] Reboot Your Health. This is a live recording of our monthly workplace safety luncheon on January 9, 2020, presented by Dr. Aubree Jones of Peak Family Chiropractic. (33:32)
- The 6 P’s of Workplace Wellness. We caught up with Katy Tombaugh of Wellness Collective, at the 2019 SCSC Wellness Conference in Akron, to talk about how employers can improve & develop their workplace wellness programs! (31:31)
- Stress Management 101. We caught up with Dr. Aubree Jones of Peak Family Chiropractic, at the 2019 SCSC Wellness Conference in Akron, to talk about stress! (18:37)
- [Workplace Wellness] Mindfulness in the Workplace. We caught up with Jennifer Stefanak, Market Well-Being Partner at Mercy Health, to chat about mindfulness at work after her presentation at the Northeast Ohio Safety Expo! (12:08)
- [Workplace Wellness] Small Changes Can Make Big Improvements. We caught up with personal trainer, Lisa Kelleman-McClain, owner of Build A Body Personal Training LLC, at the 2019 SCSC Wellness Conference in Akron, to talk about workplace wellness! (10:02)
- Healthy Workers are Safer Workers (Live Campaign Launch). This is a live recording of our Healthy Workers are Safer Workers campaign launch at our monthly workplace safety luncheon on January 9, 2020. PCSC Manager, Mike Thompson, shares the insight from a recent survey that led to the development & launch of the campaign as well as the free resources that are available online aimed at helping employers promote & improve workplace wellness. (10:17)
- Engaging Your Workforce in Wellness: Engaging Your Workforce in Wellness is a 24-page toolkit promoting the benefits of employee health & wellness programs and providing employers with evidence-based strategies.
- Healthy Workers are Safer Workers Campaign: This campaign was created to help employers reduce workplace injuries by promoting worker health & wellness!The campaign page contains links to free campaign tools and relevant workplace wellness resources to help your company promote & improve worker health!
- Workplace Wellness Podcast Library: The Portage County Safety Council has teamed up with other organizations to create several workplace wellness related podcasts. These podcasts are great resources of information and are perfect for company newsletters, team meeting icebreakers or toolbox talks! All of these podcast episodes are available not only through our website but also through your favorite podcast app such as iTunes, Spotify, Google Play, Podbean, & Stitcher!
- Health Talks: We teamed up with University Hospitals Portage Medical Center to create several podcast Health Talks to help employers promote worker health! These talks are straight to the point and are only 3-5 minutes – perfect to get health & wellness info on the go! Again, all of these podcast episodes are available not only through our website but also through your favorite podcast app such as iTunes, Spotify, Google Play, Podbean, & Stitcher!