Welcome to the 11th edition of our new monthly newsletter!
Our goal for the newsletter is to connect our members to relevant safety resources, all linked together in one convenient location every month. We hope you find this resource useful and valuable!
Please share with your colleagues!
- NEXT MEETING: Thursday, October 11, 2018, 11:30am-1:00pm. Our topic is Site Security and Vulnerability Assessments and it will be presented by David DiRocco, Security Subject Matter Expert, JCI Northern Ohio Branch, Johnson Controls. RSVP deadline is 12pm on Monday, October 8.
- Accident Investigation (Live): Audio from last month’s monthly meeting is now available!
- Mental Health First Aid training on Oct 25: Only a few seats are still available for this event. Follow link for more details about the training or to register today! Registration deadline is October 10.
- NE Ohio Safety Expo on October 12th: Hosted by the Ohio BWC Youngstown Service Office, this event qualifies for 1 External Training Credit. Registration ends Oct 5.
- Celebrating 50 Episodes!!! Nic & Mike celebrate 50 episodes of the PCSC Podcast! Join them as they discuss the top 10 downloaded episodes and share clips from 4 of their favorites!
- PCSC Podcasts: Our podcasts are now available on iTunes, Spotify, Google Play, Podbean, & Stitcher! Access local & relevant workplace safety information right through your phone!
- October’s Safety Update from the Ohio BWC Library. Each edition provides up-to-date news & safety information.
- Air Monitoring: Oct 2018 Safety & Hygiene Corner. Provided by Ohio BWC Safety Consultants.
- . Article provided by Ving!
- Episode 51 – Accident Investigation (Live). This episode is a live recording of our interactive monthly workplace safety luncheon on Sept. 13, 2018. The topic was Accident Investigation and it was presented by Debbie O’Connell, Regional Manager, 1-888-OhioComp. (34:50)
- Episode 52 – The Hawthorne Effect: How it Affects Your Safety Culture & Performance. Steering Committee Member, Pat McCon joins Nic & Mike to talk about The Hawthorne Effect and how it affects both your company’s safety culture and safety performance! (16:39)
- BWC Updates: These are the power points presented by BWC Representative Nic Coia at our monthly meetings.
- Monthly Meeting Power Points. We post them on our website after the presenters send them to us and give us permission to publish. If the speaker provides additional info, we’ll post it there as well.
- External Training Credit Opportunities: We post them on our blog as outside organizations send them to us. A maximum of 2 external training credits are allowed per program year to help members earn the 10 minimum attendance credits required by the rebate. Please Note: ETC certificates of completion must be submitted by June 30 every year in order to qualify. Click here for ETC guidelines.
- Rebate Participation Spreadsheet. Rebate eligible members can review how close they are to fulfilling the minimum rebate eligibility requirements by reviewing the Participation Spreadsheet which is typically updated on a monthly basis.