Welcome to our monthly newsletter for July 2020!
Our goal for the newsletter is to connect our members to relevant safety resources, all linked together in one convenient location every month. We hope you find this resource useful and valuable!
Please share with your colleagues!
- When OSHA Knocks. Pat McCon, Sr. Risk Engineering Consultant at Zurich North America, stayed over with us to recap his presentation and to give us some tips on what to do during an unexpected OSHA visit! Click here to listen to a live recording of his full presentation titled, Someone’s at the Door – They’re from OSHA! (9:40)
- 5 Causal Factors of Workplace Injuries.When investigating the root cause of a workplace injury, many variables are typically involved and often overlooked. Join Mike & Nic as they discuss the 5 causal factors of workplace injuries. (31:13)
- [Safety Blast] Heat Stress Warning Signs, Prevention, & Remedies. Joe Barney, Compliance & Training Officer from The Great Lakes Construction Co. shares his insight on heat stress warning signs, prevention, and remedies! (2:22)
- July’s Safety Update from the Ohio BWC Library. Each edition provides up-to-date news & safety information.
- Ergo Friendly Shelving: July’s Safety & Hygiene Corner.
- PCSC Podcasts: Our podcasts are now available on iTunes, Spotify, Google Play, Podbean, Stitcher & You Tube! local & relevant workplace safety information right through your phone! Subscribe today!
- FY21 Virtual Meeting Schedule is now available. Our Steering Committee is now planning future topics & speakers. Details coming soon.
- August 13, 2020 – COVID-19: Unmasking A Novel Pathogen, presented by Kristen Dickerson, PhD, Statewide Health, Wellness, & Special Program Manager, OCOSH-Ohio BWC. Sponsored by Summa Health. Registration details coming soon!
- FY21 Membership Renewal: Time to renew as we LEVEL UP IN SAFETY with our new Virtual Safety Council program! Join today!
GET OUTSIDE NEWS:
Along the Way: Trail Lake Park a big home run for Portage Park District
- Disc Golf. Scott Campbell designed “The Grassman” disc golf course at West Branch State Park! He called in to share about disc golf and courses throughout Portage County and NE Ohio. (16:15)
- Get Outside campaign posters (11×17) & flyers (8.5×11) by Portage Parks have been downloaded well over 600 times! Follow links to download and print your own!
You must be logged in to post a comment.