Welcome to our monthly newsletter for February 2021!
Our goal for the newsletter is to connect our members to relevant safety resources, all linked together in one convenient location every month. We hope you find this resource useful and valuable!
Please share with your colleagues!
- Building Trust to Improve Retention. Dawn Yoder, CEO at Anderson Management, shares how she flipped one company’s retention rate from 25% to 75% in just one year! Dawn is also a Global Priority Solutions consultant, check out their podcast, Living Like a Leader, available on your favorite podcast apps. (12:34)
- [Inspiring Safety] Creating Space for Employees to Grow. Safety specialist Katie Woodhall, Organizational Development & Leadership Advisor at Sparrow Tale, joined us to chat about how she inspires safety by creating space for employees to grow! (22:41)
- How to Build a Culture of Success & Legacy (Live). This is a live recording of our Virtual Safety Council meeting on Thursday, September 24, 2020. The topic was The Power of Words: How to Build a Culture of Success & Legacy, and it was presented by Coach James Lovejoy, Streetsboro High School Assistant Football Coach & 2019 Streetsboro Citizen of the Year. (34:24)
- Avoiding Burnout During COVID-19 & Beyond. Dr. Kristen Dickerson, Statewide Health, Wellness, & Special Program Manager at the Ohio Center for Occupational Safety & Health (Ohio BWC), joined us to talk about how to avoid emotional burnout caused by social pressure during the pandemic and more! (32:28)
- How to Prevent Cold Stress. What is cold stress & how can we prevent it? This episode is a great snapshot from OSHA’s Cold Stress Guide! (6:12) Ideal for a toolbox talk!
- How to Avoid Slips, Trips & Falls in Winter Weather Conditions. Cari Gray, Safety Consultant Specialist for the Ohio BWC, called in to share some tips on how to avoid slips, trips & falls in winter conditions! (7:20) Ideal for a toolbox talk!
- BBP Trainer Qualifications: February Safety & Hygiene Corner.
- PCSC Podcasts: Our podcasts are available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Pandora, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, iHeartRadio, Podbean, Stitcher, & TuneIn/Alexa! Access local & relevant workplace safety information right through your phone! Subscribe today!
- Celebrating 200 Episodes!!! Mike & Nic celebrate 200 episodes and over 50 hours of original workplace safety & wellness content! Join them as they discuss this, the top 10 downloaded episodes and more! (21:21)
- FY21 Sponsorships are sold out!
- FY21 Membership Renewal: It’s not too late to #LevelUp in safety! Join today!