Welcome to our monthly newsletter for July 2022!
Our goal for the newsletter is to connect our members to relevant safety resources, all linked together in one convenient location every month. We hope you find this resource useful and valuable!
Please share with your colleagues!
- My family’s trauma changed my world: Article by Ohio BWC.
- Heat Stress Toolbox Talk: A short video by Ally Safety. (7:25)
- First Aid for Chemical Exposure Incidents: Article by Safeopedia.
- Everything You Need to Know About Safety Data Sheets: Article by Safeopedia.
- Trench Safety – Intro and Competent Person: A short video by the Ohio BWC. (3:27)
- Avoid the sting: Working outdoors with insect. Article by Safety + Health Magazine.
- Keyboard Ergonomics: July 2022 Safety & Hygiene Corner.
- Ohio BWC Virtual Training: July-December 2022.
- PCSC Podcasts: Our podcasts are available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Pandora, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, iHeartRadio, Podbean, Stitcher, & TuneIn/Alexa! Access local & relevant workplace safety information right through your phone! Subscribe today!
- New Guidance on Public Health Emergency Approved Respirators: Compliance Update from Safex.
- House committee advances bill aimed at protecting workers from heat illness: Article by Safety + Health Magazine.
- Enrollment Deadline is July 31st! Renew or enroll by July 31st to qualify for the rebate. Click here to learn how to join now or here for rebate qualifications.
- 2022 Programing Survey Results: See the results from this month’s member survey. Thank you to everyone who responded. Our steering committee uses the information to plan & schedule safety training opportunities throughout the year.
- FY23 In-Person Sponsorships are Now Available! Sponsorship of a Portage County Safety Council meeting is a cost-effective way to get your business noticed! Follow the link for more info.
- Next In-Person Meeting: August 11, 2022 – Getting to the Root: How to Discover the Underlying Issues After an Injury, presented by Nicholas Coia, MPA, Industrial Safety Consultant Specialist, Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation, 11:30am-1:00pm, at The Ravenna Elks, located at 776 N. Freedom St in Ravenna, OH. Lunch is $20 for members, $25 for non-members & walk-ins.