Welcome to our monthly newsletter for November 2021!
Our goal for the newsletter is to connect our members to relevant safety resources, all linked together in one convenient location every month. We hope you find this resource useful and valuable!
Please share with your colleagues!
- [Safety Talk] How to Prevent Cold Stress. [Audio] What is cold stress & how can we prevent it? This episode is a great snapshot from OSHA’s Cold Stress Guide! (6:12)
- Cold Stress can be Prevented: OSHA’s cold stress guide for employers.
- Reducing Overexertion Injuries: Article by Ohio BWC.
- Fall Protection remains atop OSHA’s ‘Top 10’ list of most frequently cited violations. Article by Safety + Health Magazine.
- [Safety Blast] Driving Safe for Thanksgiving. [Audio] Lori Cook, Traffic Safety Advisor for AAA East Central NEO, called in to share a few tips on how to drive safe this Thanksgiving! (2:58)
- [Workplace Wellness] Prediabetes Prevention. According to the Cleveland Clinic, “more than 84% of those with prediabetes don’t even know they have it since prediabetes often has no symptoms.” In this episode, we’re joined by Nicole Smith, Diabetes Program Consultant, & Liz Curry, Diabetes Coordinator at the Ohio Department of Health, to talk about prediabetes and why employers should be concerned about it. (23:56)
- Mower Rollover Danger: November 2021 Safety & Hygiene Corner.
- Ohio BWC Distance Learning: November 2021.
- PCSC Podcasts: Our podcasts are available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Pandora, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, iHeartRadio, Podbean, Stitcher, & TuneIn/Alexa! Access local & relevant workplace safety information right through your phone! Subscribe today!
- Workplace Wellness Month: January 2022 will be our official workplace wellness month! We’ll be releasing a related podcast every week in January to help you promote health & wellness to your employees.
- Join today to level up in safety! 16 live virtual meetings with on-demand access, free access to 2 semi-annual statewide safety summits and more will be included in this year’s membership! IT’S NOT TOO LATE TO JOIN!!!
COMMUNITY NEWS & RESOURCES:
- [Community Spotlight] Main Street Mile in Ravenna. Chelsea Gregor of Main Street Ravenna joined us to talk about the new Main Street Mile project in Ravenna, OH. We discuss how she came up with the idea, future use and how other communities can do something similar.
- Center of Hope: The weather is changing and Thanksgiving is so close! We are in need of help filling our over 500 boxes for our Thanksgiving Distribution. If you are out and about on Saturday the Center of Hope will be open for drop offs 10:00 am to 12:00 pm. We are in desperate need of the following: boxed mashed potatoes, caned sweet potatoes, corn, Jiffy corn bread mix and macaroni and cheese.
- Kent Social Services: Hard to believe it’s already that time of year folks! If you personally, or if your organization is looking to donate food items for the holiday; these are the items that we will be collecting for both Thanksgiving & Christmas. With both centers combined, we are expecting to fill over 800 food boxes for our friends in need.