Welcome to our monthly newsletter for December 2021!
Our goal for the newsletter is to connect our members to relevant safety resources, all linked together in one convenient location every month. We hope you find this resource useful and valuable!
Please share with your colleagues!
- [Safety Blast] Christmas Driving Safety Tips. [Audio] Lori Cook, Traffic Safety Advisor for AAA East Central NEO gives us some tips on how to stay safe driving for Christmas! (4:15)
- Finding Facts, Not Faults: How to Improve Safety After an Injury (Live). Nicholas Coia, Industrial Safety Consultant for the Ohio BWC, presents on Finding Facts, Not Faults: How to Improve Safety After an Injury. Click here to watch the video. Click here to view the slides or here for the handout mentioned. (43:16)
- Ladder Safety for Work & the Holidays (Live). [Video] Dave Dennison of Werner Ladders (Flaherty Sales) instructs on how properly inspect, use and dispose a ladder.
- Ergonomics: Challenges and Opportunities: Article by Ohio BWC.
- Holiday Workplace Safety: Article by Safety + Health Magazine.
- The 12 Days of Safety: Holiday safety poster by NSC.
- [Safety Blast] Driving Safe on New Years! [Audio] Lori Cook, Traffic Safety Advisor for AAA East Central NEO, reminds us to drive safe when celebrating New Years! (3:58)
- Anchored Machinery: December 2021 Safety & Hygiene Corner.
- Ohio BWC Distance Learning: December 2021.
- PCSC Podcasts: Our podcasts are available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Pandora, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, iHeartRadio, Podbean, Stitcher, & TuneIn/Alexa! Access local & relevant workplace safety information right through your phone! Subscribe today!
- Workplace Wellness Month: January 2022 will be our official workplace wellness month! We’ll be releasing a related podcast every week in January to help you promote health & wellness to your employees.
- Join today to level up in safety! 16 live virtual meetings with on-demand access, free access to 2 semi-annual statewide safety summits and more will be included in this year’s membership! IT’S NOT TOO LATE TO JOIN!!!
COMMUNITY NEWS & RESOURCES:
- When to Know You Need Help. Jennifer Parmenter, Clinical Counseling Supervisor at Family & Community Services, Inc., in Kent, OH, joined us to talk about how stress is affecting us since the pandemic. She also gives us advice on when to know we need help beyond self-care and our personal support systems. (39:51)
- [Community Spotlight] Streetsboro is on the Rise. Mayor Glenn Broska and Coach Jim Lovejoy joined us to chat about the revitalization of the City of Streetsboro and the community coming together for the sake of legacy.(39:15)
- Mental Health Trainings for Schools & Community: By the Mental Health & Recovery Board of Portage County.